“Good Cajun Food in Austin”

French Quarter Grille
Ranked #151 of 3,683 Restaurants in Austin
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
“Good Cajun Food in Austin”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

I don't eat Cajun food too often. But, I think this restaurant represented the style quite well. The gumbo was my favorite.

1 Thank Mark M

Austin, Texas
“Such a lovely surprise.”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The food is wonderful. The French Grille was such a lovely surprise. Because it is in a strip mall next to WalMart we were expecting a hole in the wall and got a real restaurant with white table clothes. Our party was three adults and one child and we all had something different, all good. I had the special of the day which was a pecan crusted pork chop, my daughter had red beans and rice and my husband trout something. We enjoyed all of it and exchanged bites with each other. The waitress was not quite up to par for the restaurant, but the cooks/chefs certainly were. We will go back again when we are in north Austin.

• Visited February 2014
Austin, Texas
“Our new favorite date place”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is our new favorite. They have great gumbos. I also enjoy the tilapia almandine. Yum! And of course I cannot forget to mention the to die for bread pudding. If you like Cajun, you will love this place.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank HappyHungarians
“Mardi Gras”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Selected to try to celebrate Fat Tuesday as Louisiana fare. The menu selection was outstanding in the varied and different dishes with Cajun emphasis making it hard to chose. Four folks all had different meals and shared Crawfish Hushpuppies that were excellent. You could select how you wanted food prepared and finished for almost everything on the menu and you could also "build your own meal" from scratch. The atmosphere was not fancy and the location in a strip mall gaves us some doubts at first that were overcome tremendously by the waiter's manner of welcoming and speaking of options. Wine was excellent and there are no mixed drinks available. The room was full but quiet and conversations were private. Desserts were excellent as well.

Outstanding food and a total, great, positive surprise based on the setting. Wonderful place to enjoy Cajun food.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Tonydt
Georgetown, Texas
“The Best Salmon!!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have been many times both for lunch and dinner and always enjoy. This last time was no exception. I do not like crawfish but my husband loves it, they allowed him to order a small side with his meal. I decided to try a few to see if my tastebuds had changed, they have not however I will say they were tasty if you like crawfish, they were fried and the batter was so yummy served with remoulade sauce that paired so well together. I ordered the French Quarter Salmon, and I don't usually like salmon at a restaurant but I decided to take a chance and so glad I did, it was delicious and the best I have ever had, cooked to perfection, I had red beans & rice for the side, it was not my favorite too rich for my personal preference. My husband ordered Fish Ponchartrain he had it with Red Fish, he very much enjoyed it and said it was exactly what his taste buds were asking for. For desert we had the bread pudding, hands down the best and you must have it! Service was terrific and the ambiance was very nice as well!

• Visited March 2014