“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We found this gem of a restaurant hidden in a strip mall off of I35 and Parmer. The four of us each had a different entree and we were delighted with our choices. I had blackened catfish topped with a gumbo of seafood that was amazing and one of the best bread puddings I have had.ever. Could not have asked for better service. The host and hostess made you fell like their best friend. We're definitely going again.

1  Thank Pearlm484

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The restaurant is located in a shopping center and you would not expect to find such good food but it is a real treat. I was visiting from out of town and ate there twice and both experiences were great. The food is great. I felt like I was in New Orleans. Not too spicy, just right. And a pretty wide range of entrees on the menu. The wine list is limited but satisfactory. The place does fill up, reservations are probably not a bad idea. I hope to come to Austin again on business so I can eat here!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The catfish gumbo and blackened red fish are amazing taste treats. The bistro style atmosphere is nicely done. The wait staff and service are top notch. Highly recommend reservations for Friday & Saturday nights.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went to eat here for my 25th wedding anniversary. Had a fantastic dinner (blackened red fish Pontchartrain) and a great bottle of red wine. This place had great service a great food. Would highly recommend making reservations though as they fill up, especially on weekends.

Richard

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I went there during a business trip because of the good reviews I read about it. The experience was good overall, however I developed severe stomach pain as soon as I left there. It is 72 hours and counting, and I still have stomach pain and I need to see a doctor tomorrow. And, I do not have any allergies or other issues to seafood, I eat seafood fairly regularly at our city.