“A must do in Austin!”

Cluetivity Criptex - Interactive Game in Downtown Austin
Ranked #16 of 95 Tours in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We provide Segway tours of Austin with a focus on fun! Our highly sought after historical guided tours are conducted with Segways after you are comfortable. Each tours begin with a group orientation followed by one-on-one hands on training with the Segway. We were the first Segway tour company to set up shop in Austin back in 2004 and remain the only local Segway tour with a single market focus. Our desire is to conduct safe yet educational experiences for every group no matter how big or small. Our local Austin guides average 5 years experience and truly enjoy showing guests around the city on the Segways. Come experience a memorable tour for yourself!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A must do in Austin!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We had a coupon which was great! Without the coupon might have been a little pricy.

Juan and Hugo were are tour guides. They had a lot of information to share with our group. What a blast we had!

The stop to see the bats fly out of the bridge was very exciting!!!

Santa Clarita, California
“You Gotta Do Austin The Segway!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My daughter and I absolutely loved the Austin Segway tour. Juan and Amber were patient, informative, and fun tour guides. We'll definitely do it again the next time we're in town, and will recommend it to anyone we know who may be visiting Austin. Thanks again!

Visited March 2013
Austin, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Good, attentive, and personal service”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I booked a tour for my son's tenth birthday to find just the right thing to intrigue and satisfy him. Booking this was great because none of us had ridden a Segway before. We received personal instruction and guidance on how to operate the equipment safely. When passing through more challenging areas, the guide helped lead my son through and then returned him to full control as soon as we passed through the difficult spot. The guise was knowledgeable and accommodating to let us explore a few areas during the tour. We opted for the Bat City Bridge Tour because it appeared to have quite a bit of riding time with limited stops for photos (which are NOT usually on the mind of a 10 year old!). This wasn't the right time of year for the bat colony to have returned yet, but the ride time was just right for us. I would recommend any of their actual tours for someone who needs a good gift idea for something exciting and that hasn't been done before. I'd be interested in going back for other tours.

Each tour also includes a food voucher for the Austin Food Park (shares the parking lot). The tickets you get are worth $6.00, but some of the trailers in the food park aren't open in the evenings. The serving size isn't what you'd find at a sit-down restaurant, but that's OK since you're not eating at one. We were provided with water for the tour, so everything seemed to go very well.

Visited March 2013
Louisiana
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and I had our first experience riding a segway with this tour group. They were extremely helpful, friendly and had a genuine concern for our safety. They're relatively easy to ride and the tour brings you through the heart of Austin with brief stops at the capitol and Driskill hotel after a ride through 6th Street. Plus, afterwards, you get a $6 voucher to spend at one of the food trucks nearby. Awesome experience, would do again and highly recommend.

Visited February 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Super fun Segway tour!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I couldn't have had a better experience for my first Segway tour. Jason was an amazing tour guide and made the entire tour fun & informational. From the moment we arrived Gliding Revolution provided top notch service. I look forward to doing the same tour again!

3 Thank Mindilin1