“Awesome Segway Tour”

Austin Capitol Segway Tour
Ranked #16 of 113 Tours in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We provide Segway tours of Austin with a focus on fun! Our highly sought after historical guided tours are conducted with Segways after you are comfortable. Each tours begin with a group orientation followed by one-on-one hands on training with the Segway. We were the first Segway tour company to set up shop in Austin back in 2004 and remain the only local Segway tour with a single market focus. Our desire is to conduct safe yet educational experiences for every group no matter how big or small. Our local Austin guides average 10 years experience and truly enjoy showing guests around the city on the Segways. Come experience a memorable tour for yourself!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My family and I did the Capitol Pavement Segway Tour and loved it. I was apprehensive at first because I wasn't sure if I could operate the Segway. It was so easy. It didn't take long before I was a pro!!!! Our two teenagers thought it was a lot of fun. I would love to do it again. I highly recommend Gliding Revolution.

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"learning how"
"interesting sites"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 8 reviews
in 51 reviews
"safety"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We always enjoy visiting Austin for all of the amazing food trucks, restaurants and unique music venues, as well as for historical sites in our state capitol. When we visited D.C. a few years ago, we took an evening Segway tour of the national monuments and loved learning to Segway. So when I discovered Gliding Revolutions in Austin, we booked a reservation for their "Fly the Lake" tour around Town Lake with my husband and with our daughter and her fiance' who live in Austin.

We met up at the Holiday Inn on 20 North IH-35 where Gliding Revolution is located. We were able to get drinks and use the hotel lobby restrooms before departing. When it was time, we were directed to an area in the parking lot where Hugo and Juan supplied us with bottled water, and fitted everyone with safety helmets. They then proceeded to give everyone individual lessons on how to ride a Segway. They were very patient, helpful and encouraging for those who were new at riding a Segway. And they were helpful to me, who had the experience before, but needed a refresher course.

After everyone was acclimated on their Segways, we followed Hugo through the area leading to Town Lake. It was a great way to explore and have fun. We rode mostly in the park around Town Lake and on quiet neighborhood streets nearby with little traffic. However, we eventually rode up and down several streets where the homes had been turned into unique bars and restaurants, and the traffic of people on foot and cars attempting to get to the restaurants were quite heavy. Juan, who also came with us on the tour to help direct traffic and assist those of us who had any issues with riding the Segways, kept watch over the group and put himself between us and the traffic to help keep us safe. We rode in more open spaces on our return -- through a park-like area on the grass to experience Segwaying on different terrain, and then in a nice, large open area around the Mexican-American museum. It was also a great area to watch from a distance as the bats ascended from the nearby bridge where they reside, and to take a quick break and sit for a minute if you didn't happen to wear the most comfortable shoes for the trip.

Juan and Hugo took photos of each family or group posing on the Segways in front of Town Lake and also made a couple of videos of the whole group crossing the bridge over the lake and riding in the park. When we returned to the hotel, we paid for the trip and were able to purchase t-shirts if we wanted.

We thoroughly enjoyed Gliding Revolution's tour and hope to go back and take the longer tour of the state capitol and other sites. Our group included several couples, a father and young son. Segwaying is unique and fun, and Hugo and Juan at Gliding Revolution helped make this a fun and interesting tour. Check out their Facebook page where you can view the photos and videos of all of us who have enjoyed Gliding Revolution in Austin.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We took the Capitol Pavement Tour and had so much fun. The guide, Jason, was very professional, informative and friendly.
There is no danger getting on these things, even with no prior experience. (I did it while I was pregnant :) )

It is a very nice way to start your visit in the city, getting a fun enjoyable time while touring Austin.

Thank you guys!
Keren

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The staff at Gliding Revolution were all very friendly, and the Capital Pavement tour was a complete blast! My wife and two teenage kids went, and they all enjoyed the experience. Both kids said it was the best part of our short visit to Austin. My daughter, the youngest, was very nervous about riding the Segway, but the staff was very patient with her and gave plenty of instruction. Within the first 15-min of the tour, she was riding with ease. We would do another Segway tour in a heartbeat, and we'd recommend Gliding Revolution to any of our friends who visit Austin!

1  Thank Benny P
See more reviews
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My friend and my daughter joined me for a late afternoon segway tour in late July at Gliding Revolutions in Austin Texas. Hugo was our guide and instructor. He did a fabulous job and we had a real blast touring the State Capital and stopping to see the bats on the Congress Street Bridge after dusk. Hugo was very knowledgable about the capital and all the sights we saw along the way in Austin. The Segway was easy to learn and a fun way to see the city. None of us had every been on a Segway before, but we became pros on riding it in 10 minutes. I highly recommend this tour for anyone who has a few hours to spare and wants to do something different and fun and educational. Great time for all ages especially late teens and adults that are kids at heart.

1  Thank markb727