“Rude service, mean staffs”

Ho Ho Chinese B.B.Q.
Ranked #708 of 3,736 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: 512.339.9088
Description: 512.339.9088
Austin, Texas
“Rude service, mean staffs”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The foods and prices not bad at all, good location, manager was ok, but most staffs were so mean to us, every time we ask for some thing like: spoon, napkin, more water...etc... staffs always gave us a hard time.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank lovehutto

Lewisville, Texas
“Aveage Chinese Restaurant Lunch Visit - didn't try B.B.Q. and will reserve judgement”
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Went here with my wife at the recommendation of another (Japanese restaurant) chef we respect. We were told the Chef (?owner) of Ho Ho was a former chef at Din Ho, an Austin Chinese Restaurant we very much like. Ho Ho is located on the north side of Austin next to I35 in a self-standing building.

The decor is rather plain except for the very large aquaria containing live crab, lobster, bass, shrimp, and other fish. The hostess was not particularly friendly and we somewhat taken aback that neither bus-woman could speak any English - only Spanish (I wanted her to clear a Coke can I had brought in.)

Because we came for a late lunch/snack, we could not order enough dishes to truly evaluate the food quality, so my wife and i want to reserve judgement. She had the pot stickers, which were a bit doughy, but otherwise at least average. I ordered the hot pot with egg plant and shredded pork (my favorite at Din Ho) and it was not as good. The eggplant pieces were quite large and under cooked - but it was still very very good and I ate all of it.

The place is known for fresh seafood and B.B.Q. and I intend to return for dinner with more guests to give the place a second and more thorough evaluation.

• Visited April 2011