“Great Thai Food”

Cuisines: Thai
Austin, Texas
“Great Thai Food”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Madam Mam's has been a favorite since it opened the first restaurant on the Drag. Now that they have been on Anderson, it is a local favorite and we don't have to wait until the students go home on vacation. You will quickly note that half the guests are Thai and other students, even here, 5 miles from the UT campus.

Whether you go for the Pat Thai or the Roasted Chicken on the last page of the menu, you will be pleased. Everything is fresh and well presented. The Roasted Chicken w/ soup and rice is enough for two. Just add a couple of spring rolls, a salad and a pot of jasmine tea to share also.

• Visited May 2013

Austin, TX
“Fine Thai - Pay attention when they say "hot"”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I love hot Thai food. For some reason, I can't stop eating even though some is crazy hot. The menu reflects the heat level so you have only yourself to blame. Actually most dishes are not hot at all. "Amazing Green Beans with shrimp" is a 3 pepper dish. Wow, it is really good, but really, really hot. So is their green curry. The service is a little disorganized but friendly even during a busy week day lunch. It is an attractive place. Oh, they serve really big portions and do not seem to have a lunch menu.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank RogerReady3
Dallas, Texas
“My coworkers love, me not so much”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My coworkers rave about Mama Mam's, but I have not been able to find a good vegetarian dish. I asked to have a dish with noodles made without meat and they told me it was impossible. There's looked so good, but they will not make it without meat. Not sure why.

The service was painfully slow and our meals all came out at different times (there were only 4 in our party).

I keep hoping I will find a good noodle veggie dish, but so far it has not happened.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank AllSeven7Continents
Mexico City, Mexico
“very good, and they serve all day!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We went there to eat a late lunch, 2:45 pm, already rejected from another restaurant, because of the time.
Madam Mam's was almost empty, but there was no problem serving us. We had delicious ( and i mean it) spring rolls, and I asked for the Madam's curry beef... Just great!!.
the spicy (hot) food is marked with peppers- 1 not so spicy, two is more spicy.. etc it comes up to 5.
My daughter ate a 2 pepper curry- with salmon (and it was almost imposible to eat, and we DO have HOT meals in Mexico!), so beware!!!
everything was very good, and excellent service too.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank mimiMexico_df
San Jose, California
“Good food, average service”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I went to Madam Mam's with a group for dinner. The restaurant did not appear to be busy but we had to wait a while to get seated. The menu has loads to choose from. I had the Pad Prik Khing with shrimp and it was very good. It was spicy but not too spicy. We also had some spring rolls and they were good. During dinner there were a few times where we had a hard time getting the attention of the wait staff. This is one of those places where I would recommend that you go for the food but not for the service.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Fred L

Been to Madam Mam's? Share your experiences!