“Nothing fancy but Love this place!”
Review of Dos Batos

Dos Batos
Ranked #760 of 3,801 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is a small, no frills, little spot that we love. We have been going there since they opened- found by a wonderful accident. It is one of our favorite "go to" places. The menu was limited, but delicious, at the beginning and we have continued to watch them grow since they opened. Wonderful to watch a great little local place succeed. We have always enjoyed the food and can count on top quality and affordable prices! The pirata wood fired taco is our favorite, and the beans, & the corn & the queso, and...and.. and...Try it!!!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

When this little place opened up a few years ago I was all too happy to check it out.
The smell of just the meat cooking is so mouth watering that I couldn't resist. riginally my family and I tried one of everything: tortas, tacos, and their sides: elote and the beans.
Yum.
The wood fire tacos get me every time. sually I get the pirata which is cheese, meat and avocado.
They use to have 2 sizes but now it's just the one and I like to order a side of beans because they are well cooked and seasoned with cilantro and sausage.
They have a combo now where you can add a drink and a side of beans but you usually get a handful of chips even if you just get a taco.
The salsa is roasted just right and it has a nice warm flavor as well as taste.
Their tortas are good, but because I'm not a huge bread lover, the bread with the same stuff as a pirata minus the tortilla just isn't the same.
They have added salads to the menu and you can get chicken as well as vegetarian options.
Over the years I've seen these guys adapt to Austin and for a while they did breakfast tacos but they took them away and then brought them back only to take them away again.
Lunch and dinner are so much better anyways.
The atmosphere is so simple and plain but I love it that way. Everything is basic, with a spray painted wall of a samurai and a vaquero and the tables are sturdy plastic tables with thick sturdy chairs.
They are also a Belly card business and that's nice.
I highly recommend this place. Everyone I've brought here has loved it!

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Wood fire grilled homemade tacos that just melt in your mouth. This is not some tasteless fast food taco stand . Everything we ate was simply delicious and very reasonably priced. We will definitely come back. Tasty, quick, fresh and affordable. A definite find!

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Their wood fired tacos are truly unique. I remember when they first opened and they didn't even have chips and salsa for a side. They just wanted to bring authentic street tacos to a restaurant.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had the egg, potato and cheese and the chorizo, cheese and egg tacos. Both were cooked to order, outstanding, and way better than Maudie's. The chorizo was not at all greasy. The little salsa bar offered a good selection, including fresh cilantro. I can't wait to go back for lunch or dinner, when the beef choices are available.

Been to Dos Batos? Share your experiences!