“Brilliant pub”

Ranked #82 of 4,049 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Irish, British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Come visit and experience the true feel of Ireland and the "Craic"(Fellowship and Fun) of your own local Irish Pub, in the heart of Austin's 6th Street Entertainment District. B.D. Riley's is not part of some national chain-for almost 15 years we've been a locally-owned, friendly, neighborhood pub restaurant serving a wide variety of award-winning foods, perfect pints of your favorite brews, great live music and the kind of crowd that always ensures a good time. C'mon in to the pub-make some new friends! If you are looking for a pub to call your own, look no further. The "formula" is pretty simple: serve good food and perfect pints in a traditional pub environment with a friendly staff, and season the mix with a healthy measure of cool live music featuring exclusively local Austin Artists. The result is a classic, classy neighborhood Pub. It's your own little patch of Irish comfort-on 6th Street! We'd really like to be your local pub on 6th Street. The Pub itself is a showplace (and our history is impressive). Every day is a good day to visit-we're open 365 days a year. Our Calendar always has the latest news and events, like televised sports, our prize-filled Pub Quiz trivia night, Live Music 7 nights a week with no cover charge, including each Wednesday after Trivia, a Sunday Irish Tune Session, and much more. Check out the additional pages linked above to learn more about the Pub, take a "tour," view our offerings, and learn about upcoming activities
Reviewed February 9, 2015

This is a late review. We stayed at the Driskill in November but this was my favourite place in Austin. We called in every night. Its a very friendly place especially if you sit at the bar. We met some interesting people who gave us lots of tips on places to visit and things to do. The music was great, one guy had a fantastic voice and we bought his cd, Eric Bettincourt. We had a few meals and enjoyed them.
The barmaid was really nice, had a lovely smile and provided exceptional service. We never had to wait for a refill. My husband enjoyed the beer and I loved the cocktails. They were much better than the Driskills which were wishy washy weak. All in all theres a great welcoming atmosphere and we cant wait for our next visit.

JohnnyBDR, Owner at BD Riley's Irish Pub Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2015

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review.
We are pleased to hear we were able to provide the "Welcome" feeling Pubs are known for.
Sitting along the bar usually provides an opportunity to join in a conversation or two, and is a great way to learn the true spirit of a city. Join us again on your next visit!
Cheers!

Reviewed February 1, 2015

I was alone in Austin on a Friday night following a conference. I stopped in a few places on 6th street, but was really in the mood for Blues. I found B.D. Riley's and am so glad I did. There was no cover, the band was excellent, and the service very friendly. There was a gentleman seated next to me, who was from Ireland, so that should speak to the authenticity of the pub. My waitress, Chelsea, was super friendly and attentive, and being observant that I was a woman alone, subtly checked in to be sure all was ok when some guys were hanging near my table, which was appreciated. I travel often on business, and this stood out to me as a very caring gesture, which I experienced a few times throughout my visit to Austin. I thoroughly enjoyed my evening, and look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed January 15, 2015

My group of 19 traveling friends loved the restaurant, plus they took our reservation and held two large tables for us on a busy Saturday night. You have to get here early, like we did, around 8 pm, to get a spot to sit and enjoy the music. Actually, we moved up front once the awesome band started up at 10: 40 pm. The music was blues and rock and it smoked!! We all loved it and got on our grove. A cool hang out to definitely try when you are in Austin !! There are other places, but this is clean and nice and has good food too!

JohnnyBDR, Owner at BD Riley's Irish Pub Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2015

Really glad you had just an enjoyable time in our little Pub, and thanks for taking time to share your experience with others. Being located in the "Live Music Capital of the World", allows us to showcase some really talented musicians. The description of your experience is especially rewarding for us, as you have described our vision when we imported the Pub from Ireland 14 years ago......a clean & fun place to enjoy quality food and drink with friends, while listening to music and socializing.
Thanks again...and drop by when next our way.
Cheers

Reviewed January 12, 2015

A beautiful restaurant/bar located on 6th street adjacent to the Driskill hotel, great food and live entertainment nightly.

JohnnyBDR, Owner at BD Riley's Irish Pub Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2015

Glad the experience at our little Pub met your expectations.
We appreciate the kind words, and will share with staff members.
Drop by when next our way.
Cheers!

Reviewed January 9, 2015

It took a while for a waitress to come over and help us but after that, the place was pretty good. Not a lot of people were there (it was a late lunch/early dinner timeframe) so we had the place mostly to ourselves. Very typical bar decorations but the layout is open and comfortable. We were unsure what to have for food so when we asked the waitress what to get, she recommended the fish & chips, which we both ended up getting and were both happy with. My boyfriend had a beer and he now claims it is his favorite (Thirsty Goat Amber). Prices were reasonable. Location is a bit dodgy if you're not comfortable walking down 6th.

JohnnyBDR, Owner at BD Riley's Irish Pub Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2015

Thanks for reviewing our little Pub, and glad you had a pleasant experience.
We are very proud of the Fish & Chips (Voted Best Pub Food in Austin), and reviews such as yours remind us the extra effort of hand battering the portions is worth it.
Thanks again, and drop by sometime to enjoy the variety of live music we offer every day.......
Cheers