“Slum Dog Delicious”

New India Cuisine
Ranked #897 of 3,683 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Austin, Texas
“Slum Dog Delicious”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

My sweetie and I have been eating at New India since it first opened in its old location. This is a much better location, as it's great increase in business proves.

My present favorite dish is Millionaire's Curry with Lamb. That having been said, there's nothing on the menu that I've eaten that I didn't like. The appetizers are all yummy (I love me some potato cakes), the salads, the dal and, of course, the entrees.

I guess I'm saying do yourself a favor - try this place. You'll love it!

1 Thank Orion G

Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best in Austin”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is really the best of all the Indian food restaurants in Austin. The food is carefully prepared and quite unique. The yellow mung dal and korma are exceptional and better than any I've ever had. Many of my Indian friends whom I taken to this restaurant have said that it is just as delicious as any food in India. The fish is especially good.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank L B
Zürich, Switzerland
“Best Indian food”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is a great place to eat Indian food! All is very fresh and tasty, I would highly recommend to go try it out if you have not been there and if you like to eat Indian style.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Gabriela S
Austin
“Favorite Indian Food in Austin!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I have been going here for several years now - it's hands down the best Indian food in all of Austin! The staff is awesome, the food is amazing, and the atmosphere is perfect for a date night, or a fun night with friends or family. It's BYOB, so make sure to bring wine or beer with you.

• Visited November 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Seems authentic”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We haven't been to India, but this is ahow I imagine the food would taste. I had the Gomantak Coconut Curry with Talapia and my wife and daughter split a Tikka Masala with Chicken. We asked for "medium" spice on both, though my curry was much spicier than their dish. Probably the nature of the two different dishes. The were very generous with the rice and the portions were a nice size as well. Enough for two meals as leftovers. zThe one thing we would do differently is order some sort of vegetable dish to go with all the meat and starch. We will definitely be back the next time we're in Austin.

• Visited April 2013