“A great intro course to a great food city”

Austin Eats Food Tours
Ranked #2 of 48 Food & Drink in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: "Experience quintessential Austin via your taste buds in 3 hours!"We invite you to join us for one of our public/private/corporate food tours, each approximately 3 hours in length and sampling 4-6 local eateries. We'll indulge in the tastiest local eats from chef inspired dishes, to juicy burgers to decadent sweets; and share lots of Austin lore along the way.
Highland Park, Illinois
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“A great intro course to a great food city”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took Andy's SoCo food tour today and enjoyed every last bit(e) of it! Andy shows his love for and knowledge of all things Austin in this tummy pleasing stroll around my favorite area of Austin.
Come hungry. Very hungry.

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Wonderful day!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We wanted a chance to explore the South Congress area of Austin and see its revitalization. We were not disappointed. While the $65 sounds high, it was MORE than worth it! We learned about the area and found some fantastic spots! Since we were only in Austin for a long weekend, this was a perfect way to see the area while enjoying some fabulous food. Who knew Austin had these hidden treasures? From the breakfast rolls and coffee to the HopDoddy burger and the chips and salsa we were thrilled!! Strongly suggest for those wanting to explore a bit!!

Visited February 2013
Kelowna
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“MMMarvelous Food in Austin”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were in Austin visiting relatives of my husband. They insisted they watch our kids so the two of us could take the food tour. Like the title says - MMMarvelous!!! If there's one thing they do better in the States than in Canada, it's food. I've always been aware of that, but since my in-laws moved down to Austin, they rave about the local cuisine. They weren't exaggerating. The chefs were so creative in making food that tastes like you never thought possible. Really, don't miss it if you're ever in Austin. We're both carniverously inclined, so we fit right in. Once we got back to my brother in-laws place, we all compared notes and came up with our dining out schedule for the rest of our trip. Why bother cooking when you have so many delectable options to choose from?

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Lori S
Topeka, Kansas
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Soooo much yummy food!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We definitely had our fill of good food on the downtown tour with Scott. We were introduced to foods we'd never had, restaurants we didn't know about, and learned some local lore along the way. My only idea for improving the experience would be to have more vegetarian offerings; it was pretty heavy on cholesterol-laden meats and such. Still all delicious and a fun way to get to know Austin.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
119 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Austin Food Rocks!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I did this and it was a highlight of our Austin weekend get-away! $65pp seems a little steep, but with all the food you get, it's worth it! I wish I could describe the food better but just trust that it was a little of everything and all delicious. There were basics as well as things you'd never order yourself but you'll be glad you tasted them. We met other young couples and we were all able to share Austin tips on things to do in the city. Jenny was our guide and was wonderful, she gave us plenty of shopping and sight-seeing tips. We are very happy that we went on this tour!

Visited December 2012