“Fabulous experience, you don't want to leave”
Review of Travaasa Austin

Travaasa Austin
Ranked #30 of 205 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I had high expectations for Travaasa Austin, and they went on and exceeded them anyways! I truly felt like a special guest during every part of my stay, from the welcome process, to the extensive tour (thank you Brian!), to the room, to the amazing dinner and breakfast, and even while on a horse following Jody! They really know how to do hospitality right.
Note: If you have any food allergies, this is heaven for you. They will literally customize ANY dish already have a number of allergy friendly items available (gluten free, vegan, etc.). One of the best meals I have had this year.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear peterE83,
Thank you so much for your fabulous review of Travaasa! It was a pleasure meeting you and I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed all of your experiences here. We look forward to having you and your wife stay with us soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I visited Travaasa last weekend for a quick getaway.
We were so impressed. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by super friendly staff. Our room was small but very clean and nice - think "luxury meets nature". The restaurant was EXCELLENT every time. The menu is not super extensive, as it changes daily, but every single thing we had was AMAZING. Pricey, but amazing. There was a full list of activities to choose from every day. Our favorite thing was one-on-one horseback riding lessons and the farm tour. My husband did the challenge course and had a blast. The pool is beautiful. Everything about this place is just great. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear MrsSLJP,
Thanks so much for your awesome review of Travaasa! I am so glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay. We're happy to hear that you loved our dining room and our small, but varied, menu of fresh foods. We can't wait to see you back again soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Beautiful resort but the service was ridiculous. Time after time, they messed up reservations, room amenities. The restaurant had such bad service for several meals (never dinner). Could be a really great resort but they seriously need to work on their staff's training. Would not recommend.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank breit5
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear breit5,
I am sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your October stay with us. I trust that we have addressed the issues you mention, but would love to hear more about your stay to make sure. Please feel free to contact me directly at 512-493-3668 to see how we can make it up to you. We'd love have you back for another stay to give us an opportunity to wow you.
All the best,

Reviewed June 5, 2014

If your looking for a place to escape for the weekend w/ your friend or significant other - this place is perfect. I would not really recommend for children. Food was excellent and spa fantastic. My husband never does the spa but ended up getting more treatments than me. We are a pretty active couple and have to always be doing something or we get bored. However, we were pretty happy and content just going to the spa, eating, and then laying by the pool. Loved the morning breakfast on the patio, hope to go back in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear Natbrat185,
Thanks so much for your wonderful review of Travaasa. I am happy to hear that your husband enjoyed our spa and that you guys found plenty to keep you content. We'll keep a table reserved on the patio for breakfast soon,
Best regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night at Travaasa. We checked in just fine and went straight to dinner (reservations are required for dinner). The food was really quite good and my husband spent some time watching the chefs in the kitchen, which is open. We enjoyed sitting out on the patio and we thought the service was really very good. It's a no rush kind of atmosphere, which we enjoyed and was the primary reason of escaping the frenetic Northeast!

We also ate breakfast on the patio and that was really lovely. Note: Try the bacon and sweet potato hash. Note: Beware of the coffee, it's strong! :)

The rooms are lovely and we booked a room on the third floor so we could get a balcony and nice hill country view (mission accomplished). The room/bathroom was quite nice and Travaasa provides the basics (shampoo, conditioner, makeup remover) which I was grateful for!

We didn't get a chance to actually sit by the pool as we were delayed by traffic (Memorial Day weekend) on our way in, but we did check it out and it's a lovely infinity pool with a sturdy deck. Had we had a chance, I'm sure it would have been great!

The best part was that we rarely ran into people. It was lovely and quiet and just what we were looking for to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

Room Tip: As I understand it, you need to book a room on the third floor to get a balcony/better view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EmilyJ10

Dear EmilyJ10,
We are honored that you stayed with us at Travaasa to celebrate your anniversary and are glad that you enjoyed a nice, quiet stay. I hope that you do return to us and stay a little longer so that you can enjoy some of our other activities and spend time by the pool.
All the best,

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Spent a weekend here for business; didn't have much time to use and explore the property. However, other than a gorgeous infinity pool and hiking trails, there's not much to do other than spa. The room is small and there's no KING size beds; 2 queen size instead. Wifi service keeps dropping and is worthless. When entering the property you have to talk to an intercom to get the gate open. It's a nice place if you just want to get away from the city and do nothing, but I expect more from a resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Yung T

Dear Yung T,
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations for a resort. You'll be happy to know that we are converting some of our rooms to have King beds and will have these available later this year. I am sorry for your experience with the wifi. I know that we are currently expanding our bandwidth at the moment as we've seen an increased load due to people streaming video, so you shouldn't experience this in future stays. I do hope that you return to give us an opportunity to delight you.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

From the beginning till the end, Travaasa is excellent. The staff is fantastic, the views are gorgeous, the rooms are perfect, the food is awwwwsome, and the spa is heaven. I would definitely recommend Travaasa. If you're looking for a place to go where there is a strict diet and body-killing fitness classes, then this probably isn't the trip for you. You can be good or bad. It's all up to you. I have no willpower. I like cocktails, and I like food. I was hoping for challenging fitness classes, but there was only one that was offered while we were there. Don't get me wrong. It wasn't killer, but you felt great and fired up after the class. It was perfect, but there was only one class given during our stay. No need to fear. We still felt like we deserved the pool and spa anyway.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Angiebp777,
Thanks for your fantastic review of Travaasa! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. You're right: we do believe in choice rather than strict regimens for diet and fitness. Please let us know prior to your next stay if you'd like us to add some more challenging fitness activities to the schedule. We're really good at fulfilling special requests. And, I hope you return for another visit soon,