“A Birthday Retreat”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Austin, Texas
“A Birthday Retreat”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed here for my birthday and it was a delight! Waiting for me in my room was a delicious chocolate treat and a note from Kristine Huffman, their General Manager, welcoming me and thanking me for choosing to celebrate my birthday at Travaasa. The room was amazing, the staff was incredibly friendly and courteous, the activities were so much fun, and the farm-fresh food was delicious. The spa is gorgeous and it is no wonder that their pool is currently gracing the cover of Texas Monthly! I would definitely recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a trail room - the balconies are incredible! I also highly recommend the Total Travaasa, so m...
Green Features: Farm-fresh food, organic cotton comforters and linens, toiletries w/ recycled packaging - who knew being environmentally-friendly could be so luxurious?!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear AliceTexas,
Thanks again for choosing Travaasa as the place to celebrate your birthday! We really appreciate you taking the time to post this wonderful review and I'm glad you had such a wonderful stay. We hope to see you again soon,
Best wishes,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We were on a road trip and took two nights to sit quietly at Travassa before getting back in the car. The room was large, very comfortable and had a wonderful view of Hill country. The staff was very friendly and helpful at the Inn, the spa and the restaurant. We had two dinners at the restaurant and we were underwhelmed by the food coming out of the kitchen. Order just appetizers and desert and you will be very content.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a high room with a view out over the valley.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Moncure,
Thank you for your review of Travaasa. I am glad that you enjoyed the room and spa, but am concerned that you didn't enjoy your dining experience. If you have a moment, I'd love to hear more about what you found lacking so that I can work with the chef to improve it. Feel free to contact me at kristine.huffman@travaasa.com, or you can call me at 512-258-7243.
All the best to you,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was in desperate need of a retreat and this was the place to do it. The quality of service was excellent, the activities were priceless ranging from empowering to therapeutic. As soon as you drive through the gate you can feel the tension and stresses of life melt away, to say this was a life changing experience would not be an exaggeration. This was my first solo trip ever and it's the best place to start and revisit. Already planning my next visit with friends!

Room Tip: I had a top floor corner room. It was nothing less than perfect. The sunlight and the view when the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Nidia A
Dear Nidia A,
Thank you for your extraordinary review of Travaasa! We are so glad that you enjoyed your fist solo trip and that you felt the tension and stress melt away as soon as you drove in. Hoping to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This is definitely one of the best spas I've been to. The team made my Easter weekend unforgettable. There is something magical about this place. I loved everything and the activities offered a perfect variety. Delicious and healthy food from the farm.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Lanelle H
Dear Lanelle H,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Travaasa. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your Easter get-away and hope you come back to us again soon to enjoy the Travaasa magic.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 4 nights here for our babymoon and absolutely enjoyed it. We enjoyed the spa, however wish the staff would really enforce the quite and silence in the waiting area. There are tons of activities to par take. We really enjoyed the farm tour. As well as the juicing class, archery and prickly pear course. This was a great trip and we look forward to going back.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NutritiousFoodie
Dear NutritiousFoodie,
We are so honored that you visited Travaasa for your babymoon. It sounds like you enjoyed many of our activities. I will speak to the spa manager about the noise in the treatment halls and waiting room area. We are going to be remodeling our spa this summer, so you'll be happy to see all the changes, including a redo of the waiting room area on your next visit. Hope to see you both again soon,
Wimberley, Texas
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Travaasa is an amazing experience. More than I ever expected. The resort is beyond fabulous, from the activities to the food and amenities, but what truly made our experience was the delightful staff. We had exceptional service from the moment we made reservations. Greata took care of all our booking questions and went above and beyond explaining all the things offered at Travaasa. Then we arrived early for activities and Marissa not only knew our names, but she greeted us with a smile and wished me a happy birthday. Our first stop was the bike pump course with Jeff and we had another staff member join us, Art. Art could not have been more welcoming and kind to us. Jeff was without a doubt one of our favorites. We enjoyed the bike pump experience so much that we did it twice. He even took pictures for us and emailed to us. Then we had Courtney, Scott, and Josh for the climbing wall and ropes course. They were all extremely knowledgable and patient with us. Even when I became frustrated and a bit irritable as I made my way up the wall. They couldn't have been nicer! I also was able to enjoy a massage by Frankie. The place was gorgeous and we had the best experience. The food was out of this world, the amenities were more than we imagined, and the staff friendly and welcoming. We are already planning an annual trip here.

• Stayed September 2013
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Cbmeck,
So glad you enjoyed your escape to Travaasa! Thanks so much for your kind words about our team members. They'll be so happy to hear that they helped make your stay memorable and that you're planning to return again to us every year.
All the best,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We had a lovely 4-night stay in late March and enjoyed wonderful weather, fun activities, fabulous staff interactions and the generally serene environment. We kept trying to think of what could have made it a better rest and rejuvenation trip and couldn't come up with anything! We took a couple trips into the city for an urban fix and to get some local flavor and found it an easy drive, though there was certainly no need to go off-property for anything.

BTW-everyone we encountered that happened to realize we are a lesbian couple had no awkwardness or adverse reaction that we noticed...just good to know if that's a concern for you.

Room Tip: We had a "canyon view" room which faced away from the property, so it was a bit more priva...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ElizaG7279
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear ElizaG7279,
I appreciate your wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Travaasa and that you got some great R&R. I hope that you and your partner return again soon,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Lakeway Resort and Spa
#27 of 202 in Austin
JW Marriott Austin
JW Marriott Austin
#15 of 202 in Austin

Been to Travaasa Austin? Share your experiences!