Travaasa Austin
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewschallenge coursegiant swingequine experiencehatchet throwinginfinity poolfarm to tablespa treatmentsropes coursefarm tourhill countrycanyon viewall inclusive packagemechanical bull ridingsummer camp for adultsamazing spagirls triplake travis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We attended a meeting this weekend hosted at Travaasa and were very pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the location was. No signs identifying the resort on the road until you almost pass it, so keep your eyes open. Excellent food, all carefully described with nutritional content on the menu. We enjoyed an educational tequila tasting, followed the next night by a chili cookoff among 5 teams in our group led by a resort chef. Beautiful walking trails around the property. Great experiences tailored to what you want to do. Slight drawbacks: could use king-sized beds, or even more with queens. And, c'mon..at this rate, I expect less sandpapery paper personal products in the bathroom!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank StevenS441
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

StevenS441,
I appreciate your great review of Travaasa! I am glad that your group had such a great time with all the activities you did. You'll be happy to know that we are, in fact, going to be upgrading some of our rooms to king suites this year, so make sure to ask when you make your next reservations. I'll check into the sandpaper-like feel of the personal products. That shouldn't be the case, even if we do use eco-friendly products.
All the best,

Reviewed January 24, 2014

The premises are beautiful! You can't help but feel relaxed in this setting. The rooms are big and spacious. A good variety of classes are offered; staff is very friendly and attentive; and the food at the restaurant is tasty (really appreciate that they provide nutrition information on the menu for most of the plates). Great place to get away. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank galonn
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

galonn,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you think you had a great getaway, as we know how precious and difficult getting away is. It sounds like you enjoyed many of our activities and that our team took good care of you. I hope to see you again soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Just when I think my June visit to Travaasa Austin could to be topped, this visit was just as fantastic. The staff is so friendly...you get the sense that they truly enjoy being a part of the team. My husband and I took full advantage of the spa and enjoyed every single one of our treatments. The check in staff and the therapists were wonderful...we didn't want to leave! The food was lovely and we look forward to returning again and again and again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bluebonnet casita with a canyon view. We liked it because it was directly across from the spa/pool.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel G

Rachel G,
We're so glad that you came back for a second stay, and that it was fantastic again. I am always happy to hear our team members mentioned as a highlight of a visit and am glad you enjoyed every one of your treatments.
Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I've been to a few spas... This is by far my very favorite. The staff is overly accommodating, and it is in a very relaxing setting. Over 2 years, I've had a facial and a massage here and both were incredible, and left me wanting to come back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rhindan
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

rhindan,
Thanks so much for your wonderful review of Travaasa! It means a lot when an experienced spa-goer gives us high praise AND wants to come back again and again. We hope to see you soon,

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We chose Travaasa based on the many TripAdvisor reviews. Like others, we were blown away by the customer service of every person on property.

We are a group of four women, related to each other through marriage. Three of us are in our mid 50s - mid 60s; one is 45 years old. I traveled in from Kerrville; the others flew in from St. Louis, Philadelphia and Orlando. All of us can't wait to return.

Accomodations: The most incredible sheets anywhere. We had canyon-view rooms in buildings 5 and 6. We were centrally located right across from the spa, yet our back balconies were incredibly private. No issues with noise.

Activities: Hands down our favorite activity was the trail ride. It involves crossing a stream and riding up and down a hill/mountain utilizing switchbacks. We did the 3:30 ride which was perfect as the sun was setting. We did not do the arena lessons or the horse encounter, but speaking to others who did these, again, the horses and horse wranglers were a highlight. Two members did the giant swing--we remarked that both the challenge course and the trail ride were wonderful ways of getting out of one's comfort zone in a supported way. We also enjoyed the Zumba, Tai-chi, and foam roller classes. The geocaching class was interesting--we were just given hints and a GPS and told we could do this anytime on our own. Four of us in the class decided to join up and do this together and we had a great time.

Spa: the winner here was the scalp massage. I also had the aloe and clay body wrap, as well as a custom 80 minute massage--loved them both. Our niece had the honey treatment and thought it was just ok.

Food: We had Total Travassa, which meant we could graze all day long. I had 3 kale smoothies every day. Seriously. They are wonderful. The food is farm-to-table and healthy. We loved it; however, it's not something my husband would have enjoyed. On Saturday afternoon they were grilling out on the patio, which was really great. We also enjoyed the s'more fixings that were in front of the fireplace in the dinning room.

Value: This place is expensive. We knew that going in and embraced it. Perhaps if we had not gotten the Total Travaasa we could have saved some money; however, the ability to go into the dining room and eat whenever we wanted was great. We ate about every hour and a half.

Location: Though it seems isolated, it's only about 15 minutes outside of Austin. I ran the 3M half marathon finishing in downtown Austin on Sunday morning. I was back at Travaasa in time for breakfast and late morning activities.

Overall: I'm a girl who loved summer camp. This place is like summer camp with flush-toilets, spa treatments and better food. My relatives loved it as well. That said, I'm not sure this is a place for everyone--the beauty of the place is that it is isolated and lends itself to total relaxation (beds around the pool are incredible). I have other friends and relatives who would probably prefer a place with a more party-type atmosphere. January was a perfect time to visit--warm in the sun, but cool in the shade.

Room Tip: Buildings 5 and 6 were close to activities, yet still quiet. Canyon view is the way to go--our balcony had an eastern orientation with tremendous views of the sunrise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

McGlamma,
I was so happy to see your wonderful review! I know we connected at the beginning of your stay, but I didn't get a chance to see you again before you left. I hope that you did will in the marathon and that you'll return to us again for a summer camp-like adventure again soon.
Best,