“Travaasa - A hidden treasure just minutes from Austin”
Review of Travaasa Austin

Travaasa Austin
Ranked #15 of 203 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Austin, Texas
“Travaasa - A hidden treasure just minutes from Austin”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We didn't know what to expect at Travaasa, but were pleasantly surprised at every turn. It has a "summer camp" feel with an unexpected dose of peace and tranquility. Our lives are so busy and it was just what we needed. The room was wonderful with comfortable beds and luxurious bedding. Great private balcony with a gorgeous view. The pool is heaven on earth and the spa excelled far beyond our expectations.We loved our stay at Travaasa.

Room Tip: The canyon view rooms have a picture perfect view.
2 Thank Tissie E
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Tissie E,
Thank you so much for your Trip Advisor review. They mean a lot to the Team and it is nice to know that you enjoyed your "summer camp" experience. We do hope to see you back again for a stay or a spa day,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Dallas
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My fiance suprised me with a Travaasa weekend to celebrate my 40th birthday. Best birthday suprise EVER!! I could not have dreamed up a more ideal, memorable experience! This place is a true summer camp for grown-ups - complete with all the best parts of being at summer camp when you were a kid; archery, pool volleyball, horseback riding, star-gazing, and s'mores by the campfire. The challenge course with zip-line is a must do! We loved being able to pick and choose among the activities and plan a day that included plenty of fun as well as time to relax. And, the grounds were beautiful and serene. It was a treat to sit on our balcony every morning drinking coffee and watching the squirrels play on the rocks below. The trails and pool area offered gorgeous vistas. And, our late dinner on the patio at Jean's Kitchen felt like dinner in Napa. I can't say enough about the unbelievably attentive staff. From the desk clerks to the dining wait staff to the pool service to the adventure guides for the activities, everyone was friendly, knowledgable, and accommodating. We didn't want for anything and felt SO pampered. Travaasa is definitely on the repeat list!

Jenn B,
We are honored that your fiance chose us as a place to celebrate your 40th! It sounds like you had a great time with all of our activities and especially our staff. They'll love knowing that they helped make your birthday special and that you'll be coming back again.
All the best, and many more...
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We dropped our kids off at summer camp outside of Austin and wanted a place to go and relax. Travaasa was the perfect place. Being an adult only (16+) spa it was extremely quiet and peaceful. From the moment we checked in the staff was unbelievable in making sure our experience was perfect. The service was "Four Season Like". We were in a remodeled room which was very nice and had a great view of the Balcones Canyons Reserve. The infinity pool was beautiful however quite a few chairs were broken (told they were replacing pool furniture). The service at the pool was excellent, staff frequently made their rounds checking to see if you needed anything. Activities were fun, challenger course (sign up early as fills up fast) was incredible, it tests your fear of heights. the chicken keeper experience was neat as we learned about the chickens and the eggs they supply the resort, we also toured the Travaasa owned farm that supplies the produce to the kitchen. The food was extremely fresh and the menu had a variety of items. The one complaint was menu did not change very much during the days we were there and it's not very convenient to leave. The spa was very nice and had a lot to offer. The staff at spa was extremely professional and very knowledgeable of all the services. If you are looking for a spa like experience in a high end rustic setting, this is the place

Room Tip: Buildings 5,6,7. These are near spa, pool and restaurant. Third floor have the best views
2 Thank Scott D
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Scott D,
We are so glad you enjoyed Summer Camp with us! It sounds like you had a great time and I appreciate your wonderful review. You are right, we are ordering new pool furniture so you'll be more comfortable there on your next visit and I hope we see you again soon,
North, South Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Perfect in every way. Don't know how and where there could be any improvement. Quite a special experience from mechanical bull riding to spa to wonderful food. The staff, the guests, and surroundings make this a wonderful place to enjoy yourself, challenge yourself and pamper yourself.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Traveler6102013
Traveler6102013,
Thank you so much for saying that we're the BEST! Glad you enjoyed riding our mechanical bull, along with all our other activities and opportunities to just kick back and relax. We look forward to seeing you back here again soon.
Dallas, TX
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Wow. Cannot express what an awesome weekend my husband and I just had at Travaasa. It is unlike anywhere we have ever stayed before. The grounds are just beautiful and so, so relaxing! We did the all inclusive and think that it was worth EVERY CENT. We would have spent more if we hadn't have done the all inclusive, we feel that it was a great deal. Our only charges were for our alcohol and we did many activities and spa treatments. It's just nice to have everything paid for upfront and to not have to worry about it while you are trying to relax!

Staff: SUPER friendly, they really do aim to please and are genuine and helpful. Check in was a breeze and our room was ready early.

Rooms: The beds are awesome, and I'm very picky about my bed! Very comfortable and we slept great. We had a trailview room because the canyon rooms were booked- we still had a great view since the rooms are in the woods, but would like to try the canyon room next time. The bathroom was not that great, but very clean and was stocked with supplies. Housekeeping did a wonderful job tidying our room twice a day. The rooms could use a slight facelift but I hear that Travaasa is in the process of doing that. We were so delighted with the rest of the resort that we didn't care about the room. It was very secluded and comfortable so it was fine.

Food: Where do I begin? IT WAS WONDERFUL. I am gluten free and many of the menu items, which change daily, are gf. It was such a nice surprise for me. Everything is organic and fresh with calorie content listed on the menu. They even grow many of their own vegetables and get their eggs from their own chickens. We want to go back just for the food! It really was that good. Compliments to the chef and to Sunny for never letting our water glasses get down halfway!

Activities: You can sign up for them in the welcome center or call the front desk and they will sign you up. Just look online before you arrive so you know somewhat what you want to so and sign up as soon as you get there. Space does fill up but we did everything that we wanted to do and this was never an issue for us- and the resort was completely booked when we were there. Many of the activities are free and you do not have to sign up for them. If you get the all inclusive, you have a $125 pp/day credit that you canuse towards these activities. We did the beer tasting (really cool!), a cooking demo (you get to eat!), and horseback riding- which is up and down some steep hills and is really fun! Once again, the staff at all of these activities was always warm and welcoming- they truly want you to have a great experience and it shows.

Spa: LOVED it. My husband and I both got facials and they were both great. Cat did my facial and it was the best I've ever had. Spa is oh so relaxing, VERY clean, and well appointed. Staff here super friendly as well.

Pool: BEAUTIFUL and refreshing! Great view! Pool chairs are a little uncomfortable but we didn't care! We never had a problem with the food/drink service at the pool and there were always chairs available (and the resort was fully booked). Pina Coladas were to die for.

We really don't have any negatives about this place and can't wait to go back. It was one of the best weekends we have ever had. Everything was so laid back and we felt pampered the entire weekend. I think the people who complain about this place are just spoiled whiny brats! This resort is not pretentious or snotty, so if you are, stay home and don't ruin it for the rest of us!

Room Tip: Try and get a canyon view room or a room on a higher floor. Corner rooms are very secluded.
2 Thank juju571
juju571,
Wow, I really appreciate your wonderful review of Travaasa. I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff, rooms, food, activities, spa and pool! All of the staff is pleased that they provided you with one of the best weekends you've ever had! We look forward to having you back, and next time you'll be more comfortable in our brand-new pool furniture.
Best,
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My friend and I wanted to take a trip where there would be a lot to do but still plenty of time to relax and be pampered. At Travassa, we found the perfect combination. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and we enjoyed everything we did while we were there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Tracie D
Tracie D,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Travaasa. We are so happy that you and your friend found a great combination of activity and R&R here and that you enjoyed everything. I hope you return to us again soon,
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Travassa austin exceed all of my expectations. I spent only 3 days here but during my time I was able to enjoy the all of the organic "wonderfulness" of this resort. I have had the chance to travel a lot of places around the world and I have never encounter an more cheerful and helpful group of employees that cared enought may my stay unforgettable. The place as a whole has to be recieved to truly understand how amazing this place can be. The restaurant, spa, pool, rooms, grounds, and activities all created and extremely comfortable and relaxing environment. it was quite and at times, I felt like my wife and I were the only people on the resort. My proximity is to travassa is only 3 hours from my home in houston and I plan to make this place like a second home when i have free weekends to enjoy time with my wife. Thank you Travassa for a truly amazing experience.

Room Tip: I would choose a room were the balcony does not have a direct line of sight to any other balcony. A...
1 Thank Prentis R
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Prentis R,
We are so glad that you plan to make Travaasa your second home! Thanks so much for your wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed our pool, restaurant, spa, activities, but most of all, the Travaasa Team. We look forward to seeing you again soon,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Archer Hotel Austin
#18 of 203 in Austin
JW Marriott Austin
JW Marriott Austin
#16 of 203 in Austin

Been to Travaasa Austin? Share your experiences!