“So Beautiful!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Austin, Texas
“So Beautiful!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is such a beautiful and special place. It is pricey but well worth every penny for a great getaway. The spa, food, rooms, grounds, activities and staff are amazing. We feel very lucky to live so close to this amazing property.

Room Tip: Every room on this property is beautiful. I like being close to the spa.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tinalewis58
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
tinalewis58,
We really appreciate your great review of Travaasa. We also feel lucky to have you come visit and hope to see you again soon,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
memphis, tn
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights! It was so wonderful and very relaxing. The atmosphere is great. I love luxury places that are away from the hustle and bustle of the city and this is definitely the place. The rooms had a nice rustic elegance. The morning views were wonderful from my balcony. My spa services were amazing! I had two massages by two different people. They each had their own style but both were simply amazing. Thanks Janis and Holly! The pool, hot tub and sauna are located outside of the spa but attached to the spa. I was lucky enough to have them to myself on one day!! We ate in the restaurant on one of the nights. My husband had the antelope. It was great! Michael, our waiter, was also wonderful. All of the wait staff worked together so well. Even though we had one person assigned to our table, it seems as though each of them were constantly coming by and asking if we needed anything. Excellent staff. The resort also had a meet and greet on one evening where they served complimentary wine and appetizers in the restaurant. It was really nice. It gave us the opportunity to meet other guest and staff as well. We chose not to get the all inclusive because I like to try the top local restaurants when visiting other cities. We ate at Uchi on one night. One of the best meals that I have ever have. We ate at South Congress Cafe on another night. Another great meal. Make sure that you make reservations if you want to go to either of these two places. All of the activities that we participated in were great. The bull fitness was fun. I really loved the vital breathwork activity as well. We learned breathing activities for destressing as well as one for falling to sleep. I will be sure to utilize both of these at home! We only had one small minor nuisance. I really hate to mention it. I noticed in a previous review that someone had a difficult time finding her cabin upon arrival because it was dark. So my goal was to make sure that I arrived at the resort before darkness fell. Unfortunately, this did not happen. (Partly due to my stopping at Dooney and Bourke, Coach, Brahmin, and a lot of other wonderful stores along the way!) We arrived at the resort just as darkness fell. The guy at the welcome center handled our financials and then gave us a map, pointing out where our casita was located and how to get there from the welcome center. This is not a small property. Locating the casita with three suitcases and other items would have been very difficult. After a moment of silence on my part, he then asked if we needed help with our luggage. Of course I said yes. He then whisked us away on the golf cart and all was well. My advice, arrive before darkness falls. This will definitely not detour me from staying here again. In fact, I am sitting here now trying to plan my next visit to this wonderful place. Thanks Travaasa for a wonderful and relaxing time!!

Room Tip: We had a canon view room. View was nice once you looked over the trailer park down below. I don...
1 Thank tbtravel68
tbtravel68,
Thank you so much for your lovely review of Travaasa. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you tried out so many of our great activities. We hope that you return to see us again soon,
Oxnard, California
Reviewed March 2, 2013

As nice a spa experience as I have ever had. Anywhere. And with less attitude. :). Liked going midweek. Nice weather in feb. don't know what it would be like in the summer. Keep asking for more words so this is them

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Petcat2
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Petcat2,
Thanks for your great review. We're so glad you enjoyed our attitude-free spa and glorious Feb. weather. So glad we could share a little Texas sunshine with you and hope you return again soon,
Houston, TX
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We went here for a girls' weekend. We all had a wonderful time and the spa was the best I have ever been to. The staff is amazing and the property is beautiful. It IS as good as the pictures but maybe a little better. The pool view is unbelievable. The food was great especially dinner and the restaurant was beautiful. We are already planning to return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TravelsfromTX
TravelsfromTX,
We're so glad you joined us here at Travaasa for a girl's weekend. So glad you enjoyed the food, views and pool. We can't wait to see y'all again,
Ft Hood
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I spent the weekend at Travaasa celebrating my wife's 30th birthday looking for a relaxing but engaging weekend away from home. The activities available were well planned and executed offering a wide array of challenges and classes. We will definitely return to Travaasa (and the spa!) in the future and rank the resort near the top of our favorite sites in Texas to visit!

Room Tip: All rooms were near the main desk and each building on the campus was easily reached by foot.
1 Thank themchn211
themchn211,
We really appreciate hearing that Travaasa's among your top picks for Texas! Thanks so much and we hope you join us again to celebrate many more special occasions.
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We has a great time. Excellent service and great food. It was the top of our budget but worth it. I would go again and again and again. We really enjoyed the bull fitness and the spa treatments. Would have like to use the pool but to cold. The rock wall and zip line were exciting!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank FrogVet
FrogVet,
Love your username. Must me a story there, so please fill me in when you come back. Thanks so much for your great review. We're glad you found the rock wall and zip exciting. We hope you hop on by again,
Vienna, Virginia, United States
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We spent 3 nights recently at Travaasa Austin. This was our first stay at Travaasa. Far exceeded our expectations. The entire staff was extremely friendly. The food was awesome and extremely reasonable. The property was great for hiking. Classes/Activities were very good. The pool area was great. Great place to totally relax and kick back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor (top). Well worth spending the extra money for the fantastic views.
1 Thank Scott H
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Scott H,
Thanks for your wonderful review of Travaasa! We're so glad that you were able to kick back and totally relax as well as enjoy our activities and food. We hope you come back again to see us very soon,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Four Seasons Hotel Austin
#15 of 203 in Austin
W Austin
W Austin
#18 of 203 in Austin

Been to Travaasa Austin? Share your experiences!