“Quiet spot close to Austin”
Review of Travaasa Austin

Travaasa Austin
Ranked #23 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Located on a hill on an undeveloped tract of land the usual noise of the city is almost non-existent. The staff was great as well as the restaurant and activities and spa. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a canyon view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
TimThuell, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Dear GWandCD
We'll be waiting at the door for you! Thanks

Reviewed February 6, 2012

A dear friend and I booked a weekend escape after to holidays to recharge and prepare for the year ahead. This lovely property on the Balcones Wildlife Area boundary was a lovely meditative spot perfect for our needs. The service was attentive without overdoing it, and the natural beauty was enhanced by the infinity edge pool and hot tub, yoga studio, and zen-inducing reflection building. Meals at the lodge were tasty, but not diet inspired, pick carefully to avoid over indulging! Everyone was friendly and more males were in attendance than in other spas I have visited. This spot wins hands down over that other well known spa at Lake Austin.

Room Tip: Our second floor room 2302 had a great balcony and view of the canyon, but no bathtub.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
TimThuell, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Dear IOBond,
Thank you for coming, and recommending us: I hope you'll be back again soon.
Best,

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Recently experienced Travassa Austin on a mom and daughter trip. This vacation was unique like none other. It offered so many activities from the spa, hiking, yoga and geocaching. The list truly goes on and on! It is an amazing place to visit if you truly just need some R and R. The property is soothing and offers magnificient natural beauty. This is a definite bucket list destination. If you are single there will be something to do and an amazing single person trip. It definitely would be a terrific girls trip and of course a beautiful couples destination. Also, the food is amazing! Chef Ben is top notch. From Vegan to full bodied meat eating meals, the food is prepared with execution like none other. Now, I have been to places before, but truly everyone you will meet is friendly. From the General Manager to housekeeping and everyone in between. Lastly, the beds are phenomenal. I would like to purchase one for my own home. Ever since my mom and I left, we talk about what a perfect vacation Travassa is. I truly can not wait to return!!!

Room Tip: If you drive from Austin International Airport, the map directions will say13500 Farm to Market road...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank maratin416
TimThuell, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Dear Maratin,
What a lovely review: thank you. You know that we love what we do; thanks for spreading the word!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I took my group of Managers to Travaasa for a some time for team buiding and strategy/planning for 2012. We drove in from Houston in time to sit around the cozy fireplace with a cocktail and have an amazing dinner. We all immediately fell in love with the place. It is like luxury camp for adults! Wonderful "haciendas" with priceless views and very comfortable beds with a blanket that was a constant topic of conversation (also sold in the Spa for $150). All the facilities are incredibly well done and the Spa, which I did not get to enjoy, looks like an amazing place to spend some time. There is an infinity pool that is really spectacular.

We met in the "parlor room" in Hacienda 2 where I hooked up my laptop to the big screen TV and opened the double doors to enjoy the view. We gathered around on the couches/chairs and did our serious spreadsheet work followed by our more roundtable discussions. We broke for the 3:00 PM Breathworks as we are all type A personalities and decided it couldn't hurt to learn some techniques to reduce stress. Well worth it! Broke at 5:30 PM for hikes, walks or naps before coming back together for drinks and dinner.

Friday, we all did the challege course, which is 3 stories high. It was a great experience!

The food is really amazing here. I am a closet chef and self proclaimed foodie and kind of dreaded having all my meals in one place. But I was so wrong. Imagine instead a personal chef in your house cooking perfect meals to your specifications. Each meal also listed the calories, fat, carbs, and protein to help you make your decisions. Use of local farm ingredients. Was amazing food!

I really cannot say enough about this place. I took pictures and plan to return with some girlfriends for a weekend away for peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room to get the most spectacular views, but all of them are really good.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
TimThuell, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

Dear BellaOne,
I couldn't have asked for a more glowing review, thank you! We look forward to the first of many return visits!

Reviewed January 29, 2012

This property is in a great natural environment. You feel relaxed the minute you arrive. Rooms are spacious and clean and comfortable. Food is delicious and health conscious. Activities are fun, food is fresh. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank roseguinea
TimThuell, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Dear Roseguinea
We love to have the 'girls weekend' visits: thanks!
Best

Reviewed January 27, 2012

Words cannot express what a lovely time my boyfriend and I had at Travaasa-Austin. It was a surprise trip from me to him. I was a bit nervous that it wouldn’t be suitable for his alpha male personality. As it turned out, I was worried for nothing. We participated in the following activities: the private horseback riding lesson, yoga (spine), cheese 101, the equine experience, the culinary demonstration, the challenge course, roping, and slack-lining. He literally enjoyed each activity! I was shocked! Our instructors: Tricia, Norris, Keith, Josh, Scott, and Courtney, to name a few, all have wonderful dispositions and were more hospitable than I could have ever imagined.

As for the food, let me just say that Chef Benjamin Baker’s food is off the charts. That’s coming from a fine dining foodie. We were blown away. The bread pudding and smoked quail was to die for.

The rooms were quaint and romantic.

The grounds are beautiful and top-notch—especially the canyon views.

You won’t be disappointed with your experience. It’s worth every penny.

Room Tip: Get a Canyon View room. At minimum, request an upgrade when you get there.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Iman160
TimThuell, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2012

Dear Iman160
We are so glad you enjoyed your visit, and thank you for highlighting our team members who LOVE what they do! This will encourage others to come to Travaasa.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our quick getaway to Travaasa - the grounds were beautiful and tranquil, the activities enjoyable, and the food exceptional! Recommend taking advantage of as many activities as can get in, especially cooking and equine related, as well as time to enjoy the spa. Rooms were smaller than expected, and would have preferred a Lake view, but was told this would be available in the future. Active as well as relaxing, and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: New rooms being renovated with view of Lake Travis
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NikiBP
TimThuell, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Dear NikiBP
Thanks for the great review: when Lake Travis refills it will be a sparkling gem in out sites! We llok forward to your return.
Best
Tim

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
Hotel Ella
#43 of 201 in Austin
Archer Hotel Austin
#2 of 201 in Austin

Been to Travaasa Austin? Share your experiences!