Travaasa Austin
$219
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$142
$123
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$93
The Driskill(Austin)
$241
$219
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
$99
All reviewschallenge coursegiant swingequine experiencehatchet throwinginfinity poolfarm to tablespa treatmentsropes coursefarm tourhill countrycanyon viewall inclusive packagemechanical bull ridingsummer camp for adultsamazing spagirls triplake travis
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My wife and I took the "Babymoon" package for our first night away from our 2 year old and we could not haven chosen a more appropriate retreat! The facilities are gorgeous, the staff is amazing, and the food is world class. Our room had a great view and was one of the most comfortable beds we have ever experienced. We felt like we had the place to ourselves and could not believe we could experience such tranquility so close to Austin! We are definitely returning in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a canyon view, it's worth the extra $50
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hydroplan
TimThuell, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2011

Dear Hyroplan. We really appreciate the terrific endorsement, thank you! All the best, Tim Thuell, General Manager

Reviewed July 20, 2011

My boyfriend and I came here to relax for the weekend. The place was clean, quiet and very relaxing. The pool was large enough to stay cool in the summer. The views from the pool were amazing. We enjoyed reading and relaxing by the pool in the afternoon. The breakfast buffet was amazing! We did not eat dinner here, as it was expensive and looked just okay. We ventured out and grabbed dinner a few miles away. The service was nice as they offered to bring ice to our room to chill our bottle of champagne while we went to dinner. I received a facial, it was very expensive (about $160 with tax/tip), but it was very refreshing. Not sure if I would pay that much for the same facial again. There is no TV, but we enjoyed sitting outside and reading, even in the summer. There were no bugs! it was nice! I would recommend for a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
TimThuell, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2011

Dear Texasgirl,
It means a great deal to get a review even after several months: you obviously want others to know: thank you. As it's been a year since you came, I think you should try us again, and enjoy the improvements we have put in place......although it's just as beautiful!
Kind regards,
GM

Reviewed July 11, 2011

This place is heaven on earth! The staff was AMAZING and always so friendly, helpful and HAPPY! I had the pleasure of meeting Tim (the GM), Victoria (the yoga/meditation instructor), Josh & Courtney (Challenge/Rock wall), Jose (waiter), and many others who made my birthday unforgettable. The room was spacious, very tastefully decorated. Best of all was how eco-friendly this hotel was...the hiking trails offered a chance to connect to nature. The entire place is so spiritual. You cannot go there and not receive anything. I am already counting the days till I'm able to return.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank jenniferkuhl
TimThuell, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Dear Jenniferk
Thank you for the wonderful review! It was such a pleasure to share your 40th year! Please come back again soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Travaasa is the place to go if you want to get away from the rat race and treat yourself to total relaxation. it is in the hills of Austin and all rooms seem to have spectacular views. i wasn't able to use the spa but the ladies in our group who had massages were 100% complimentary. The beds and pillows were the best I have ever slept in!

Room Tip: Some rooms have no TVs, so if you would like a TV keep that in mind. There was wifi that worked perfectly.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank clane20

Dear Clane20
Thanks so much for the great review! Sound and honest feedback is what other travelers appreciate: so do we. I am happy to report that all rooms will have TVs by September! See you again soon I hope.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of some spa services at Travaasa resort in Austin. The property is absolutely awesome, but the spa is the crown jewel. It's cool, elegant and sumptuously appointed from the infinity pool overlooking the lake to the locker and shower area, no attention to detail was spared. The staff was really great, friendly, attentive, and they took excellent care of us. Of course the best part were the treatments. The therapist I had for my facial was fabulous, and the organic line of skin care products she used for my treatment were truly wonderful. My husband got a hot stone massage and he was equally pleased. It's fairly common to find a spa with all the 'surface' stuff; the pool, the amazing property, but it's a rare treat to find all that and an incredibly great staff, talented therapists and great products too. The spa at Travaasa Austin just has it all. Definitely worth the trip!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Florence5884
TimThuell, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2011

Dear Florence5
Thank you for recognizing our wonderful team at the spa: you are so right that it takes way much more than a beautiful facility to set us apart: we are extremely fortunate to have such a dedicated group of experts. Please come back soon!
Kind regards,