“Very good food and drink”

Second Bar + Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Second Bar + Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 3,941 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Second Street
Description: Second Bar + Kitchen serves lunch and dinner seven days a week and offers a new downtown option for late night food, wine, and cocktails. Executive Chef David Bull and Chef de Cuisine Jason Stude offer an array of dishes from pizza and pasta to vertical rotisserie options. Lead Barman William Hankey and team feature regional drinks and interpretations of classic cocktails.
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Nice, eclectic menu at Second Bar + Kitchen. Fusion cuisine at a decent price point. Atmosphere is kinda modern though smallish and somewhat crowded. There are many tables to dine outside but it was too hot in August. Most of the wait staff appear to be of the Austin hipster phenotype. Though the service was generally good and friendly. Good craft beer and wine selections. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Good environment and great location.
This is a nice place if you want to seat outside during summer time.
Service was not good though and waiting time to be seated is long if you have no reservation.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I biked all morning and by the time I got to Downtown, I was so hungry. I was going up and down the 2nd street looking for an ideal place. When I saw Second Bar and Kitchen, the clean modern décor and friendly staff made my decision making so easy and instantaneous.

I had a local beer on tap with blistered shishito peppers and short rib sliders. Everything looked and tasted great. It made my afternoon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Really enjoyed our meal here. Recommended to us by the parking attendant at the Radisson. We had heirloom tomato salad recommend to us by our waiter, Robert and pizza bianco. Both were very good. They even accommodated my 13yr old sons request for a plan cheese pizza, not on the menu. Robert said what ever makes yall happy. We left there very happy.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was my third visit to 2nd Bar and Kitchen... last time I went about a year ago. The food was just as good as it was the last time around - by that I mean not out of this world fabulous but solid and enjoyable. Our party of six ranging in age from late 30s to early 70 years with two vegetarians and a vegan and there was something on the menu for everyone. The indoor portion of the restaurant tends to be a bit loud (not so great for our 70+ diner who is a bit hard of hearing) so we were restricted to having conversations with those sitting right next to or across from us. We started with baked brie (yum) and fried pickles (interesting) and the portions were large enough for the six of us to share. For dinner a number of us had the soba noodles (solid but not mind blowing), the pasta with mushrooms and ricotta (rich and satisfying) and one had the burger (reported to be very good with great fries). We shared the caramel mouse and the chocolate mint/coconut bites for dessert - they were almost too rich and we were happy that we shared them between six people. Service was good. Our waitress checked in often and when someone dropped a fork on the floor the hostess picked it up and replaced it immediately. We certainly lingered finishing up wine/beer and talking but never felt any pressure to vacate our table. It was a nice evening (despite the noisy interior) and we will certainly return. The bill came to just over 300 USD (with tip) and I remember thinking that was a bit steep. We had two rounds of drinks per person (wine/beer) plus food but 50 US a head does seem a bit much for a relatively mainstream yet solid restaurant in Austin.