“Overpriced!”

Vince Young Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Vince Young Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 3,754 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 3rd Street
Description: Vince Young Steakhouse is a chic, inviting and locally owned Austin fine dining restaurant serving the finest steaks, wines and desserts in a downtown lively atmosphere with exceptional service.We proudly serve Aged USDA Prime Beef Filet Mignon, Bone-In New York Strip, Ribeye, Bone-In Ribeye, Porterhouse and, our most notable steak, The Perfect Ten, is cut from Texas Akaushi Beef raised in Yoakum, Texas.Our in-house sommelier puts together wine lists to perfectly complement your dining experience. Our bar and lounge offers an extensive, rare Scotch and Bourbon menu, as well as fine cigars. From 5 to 7 pm, our daily Happy Hour specials feature $5 off all bar menu items, $4 beers, $3 off any wine by the glass, $2 off any specialty cocktail and $1 off premium well drinks.Bacon Mac and Cheese, Hand Cut Fries, Crab Cakes, French Onion Soup, Short Rib Chili, Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb, Grilled Duck Breast, and Wagyu Brisket Burger are other local favorites at Vince Young Steakhouse.
Sequim, Washington
“Overpriced!”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Everything is ala carte and very expensive. The steaks are fabulous; side dishes OK; drinks are tasty but expensive, too

Visited May 2012
1 Thank SusieFlutist
vysteakhouse, Executive Chef at Vince Young Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
While it's lovely to hear how pleased you were with your meal, I'm sorry that you were disappointed with our pricing. I'd like to take a moment to address your concerns. We use the best ingredients, such as prime cuts of beef and the freshest produce in every dish. We have always felt that our chef's experience, innovative menu and quality ingredients were well worth it! Still, we appreciate your feedback. I hope you'll join us for dinner next time you're in town. I'm sure we can impress you.

Best,
Laura Brown, Co-Owner

“Incredible dining experience!”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Loved the atmosphere. Our waiter really made our time at Vince Young special. Definitely one of the best steaks I've had. We'll be back!!

• Visited April 2012
“o.k. steak”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Was disappointed in the quality of the food. Great location and good service.

Visited November 2011
austin, tx
“Meh..”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

First time visitor, can't say I'll go back unless I am really in the mood for bacon which it seems they think should be in nearly everything.

On the positive side:
The bone in strip was seasoned nicely, but cooked a bit past mid rare.
They have a comfortable restaurant and a pretty good wine list that isn't insanely marked up.
The service was very good but I suspect that had something to do with the fact that the place was only 1/3rd full.
On the opportunity for improvement side:
The cold soup with bacon was bland and a foreshadow of things to come, they over-do the bacon.
The special salad Lyonaisse was freaked deakey with a gigantic crouton I'm sure was fried in bacon fat and fingerling potatoes which made it more of an entree than a pre-dinner salad. It was very heavy, and the egg was overlooked and didn't run at all which is a deal breaker.
The far and away worst bit was the "creamed" spinach. It wasn't creamed spinach, it was wilted spinach in a pool of warm milk. Any monkey can cream spinach, so this was absolutely shockingly terrible and an embarassment to the restaurant. It should never have made it out of the kitchen.
Too many other choices in Austin, sorry Vince but the tryout didn't go well.

• Visited May 2012
“Vince Young Steakhouse”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Finally I was able to visit Vince Young Steakhouse. First allow me to start with how Tastefully decorated and designed it is! BRAVO! I made my appearance at 5:30 and was able to watch the patron's trickle in. I selected from the Starter's Menu and was very surprised at it's unique array of selections. Some were a little out of my taste range, however, Without a doubt, this restaurant will be frequented and I can't wait to try the steaks. The staff were true professionals!

• Visited April 2012

Been to Vince Young Steakhouse? Share your experiences!