“Amazing”
Review of Uchiko

Uchiko
Reserve with OpenTable
Uchiko is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 3,992 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 43rd
Description: We are proud to announce... Chef Tyson Cole, winner of the 2011 James Beard Foundation Award for Best Chef Southwest--Thank you Uchi and Uchiko family and friends for your support! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Uchiko, translated as "child of Uchi" from Japanese, is the next restaurant venture for renowned executive chef and sushi master Tyson Cole. Located in central Austin, this second location of Cole's highly-praised Uchi presents the same excellence and energetic atmosphere of the original with some noteworthy additions. Uchiko features a new menu with Uchi's same style of innovative and fresh cuisine, a main dining room that accepts reservations throughout the evening and an eat-in bar/café area.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The ambiance, service,food were all out of this world. We had the Roasted Edamame it was simply one of the best appetizers we have ever tasted, I don't think I can eat steamed Edamame again! The Crispy Tuna Roll, Quail (cooked), and Hot a Rock were over the top fantastic.

Uchiko has built a well deserved reputation as one of the best in the US and I can certainly agree.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Great food, great service! The chef makes a vegetarian roll that is fantastic. I don't eat fish and there was plenty yumminess on the menu that I could enjoy. My husband loves sushi and he really enjoys their daily specials. The only issue we asked our server to pace our order but still we got everything all at once.

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

The service was attentive and the sushi dishes were consistently excellent. We ordered the chefs tasting menu. I didn't get that it was priced for two. So when the bill came it was $75 short until I learned otherwise. So I was very pleased with the cost. The acoustics allow for relaxed conversation. Wonderful!

1  Thank SeattleLifejazz
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I am not a big sushi fan but my wife loves it so we went here and had a romantic dinner. This was my first time visiting and it is best to have reservations since this appears to be the preferred method of eating at this restaurant. We had several tasty pieces of sushi and then a very unique piece of cooked fish in what I believe was green grace juice. It was tasty. I am giving it a 5 simply because our waitress was very polite and the food was both visually appealing and tasty even for a non sushi fan.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Uchiko is amazing. I did the chef's menu and nothing tasted less than excellent. I live near Seattle and eat so much wonderful but this is definitely just as good as anything I eat here. Wish it was closer!

1  Thank tukonafullmoon

Been to Uchiko? Share your experiences!