“Love this place”
Review of Uchiko

Uchiko
Reserve with OpenTable
Uchiko is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 3,754 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 43rd
Description: We are proud to announce... Chef Tyson Cole, winner of the 2011 James Beard Foundation Award for Best Chef Southwest--Thank you Uchi and Uchiko family and friends for your support! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Uchiko, translated as "child of Uchi" from Japanese, is the next restaurant venture for renowned executive chef and sushi master Tyson Cole. Located in central Austin, this second location of Cole's highly-praised Uchi presents the same excellence and energetic atmosphere of the original with some noteworthy additions. Uchiko features a new menu with Uchi's same style of innovative and fresh cuisine, a main dining room that accepts reservations throughout the evening and an eat-in bar/café area.
“Love this place”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

No need to think twice. Everything I tasted was delicious. Little on the expensive side for my wallet other them that, this place is a must try. Creative, artistic and delicious food.
Do not worry if you are not familiar with their food the servers will guide you through.

Love It!

• Visited August 2013

Delray Beach, Florida
“Wow!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife, son and I chose our reservations for 9:00 PM on a weeknight because we heard it could be crowded and noisy. We arrived 20 minutes early and were seated right away. The presentations were wonderful and everything was served with a full explanation. We selected to go with the chefs tasting menu, and here are my son's words posted on Facebook:

"My taste buds were just blown away after a 14 course meal. I'm not even sure what I ate, only that it began with oysters and ended with fried milk. My parental units are welcome back to Austin anytime."

We dined for an hour and 30 minutes and were not rushed. The fried brussel sprouts, fried milk and sweet corn sorbet polenta custard desserts were great. I've included some pictures of the sweet corn sorbet, fried milk, Sushi 1 and Sushi 2 (I don't recall their names) but they tasted great and the bottle of sake we enjoyed was a perfect complement. The cost ran us about $120 per person (gratuity was not included in this, but the sake was).

• Visited September 2013
Austin, Texas
“Absolutely Amazing Dining Experience”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Made a weekday dinner reservation and seated quickly. Restaurant was very busy. Great attentive server that really helped us order from the menu. We love sushi and quite well versed, but their flavor combinations are not typical. Relied on our server to guide us. An amazing meal. So many times we said "I never thought this would taste good together" and "I have no idea what this is but it's amazing." Truly a wonderful experience and we cannot wait to return. Expensive but worth every bite!!

• Visited April 2013
arlington, texas
“Happy Hour!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Happy Hour begins at 5 PM, so we assumed that arriving then would be fine. It was already packed! Get the fried brussels sprouts, the yam patties (both cheap), and whatever else punches your button, and enjoy the ambiance and great wait staff's suggestions. So much fun.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank 3sons
Austin, Texas
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Really wanted to try this place, so we just walked in at about 6:30. Had to wait 30 minutes but got great seats at the Sushi Bar. Our Chef was our server and he was very helpful as this was our first time to eat Sushi. Really enjoyed the experience and will return.

• Visited August 2013