“Delicious food and professional service”
Review of Uchiko

Uchiko
Reserve with OpenTable
Uchiko is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 3,801 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 43rd
Description: We are proud to announce... Chef Tyson Cole, winner of the 2011 James Beard Foundation Award for Best Chef Southwest--Thank you Uchi and Uchiko family and friends for your support! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Uchiko, translated as "child of Uchi" from Japanese, is the next restaurant venture for renowned executive chef and sushi master Tyson Cole. Located in central Austin, this second location of Cole's highly-praised Uchi presents the same excellence and energetic atmosphere of the original with some noteworthy additions. Uchiko features a new menu with Uchi's same style of innovative and fresh cuisine, a main dining room that accepts reservations throughout the evening and an eat-in bar/café area.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Dinner at Uchiko is a delightful experience. Everything we ordered was delicious. We kept a menu and ordered as we dined. Service was professional as well as warm and friendly. From the first moment you walk in you feel welcomed. I really think the entire staff enjoys being here and it shows in their demeanor and service.
Casual but special. Great to have such an outstanding restaurant in Austin!
Can't wait to try their food at Hole in the Wall on Guadalupe by the university.

2  Thank yankeetransplant

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I went here for his birthday dinner and it was excellent. The staff was warm and knowledgable. The dessert was some of the best we have ever tasted. Great ambiance.

1  Thank lind_klp
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Five of us shared a great array of pretty exotic and interesting dishes. All well prepared and served by experienced and knowledgeable wait staff. Always a pleasure to return to Uchiko's.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We eat at Uchi all the time but live right near Uchiko. I want to love this place, I really do, but if you'r used to going to Uchi I just don't think the quality is the same. Still, if you'd like to try it out I definitely advise going for their happy hour!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was perhaps the best meal I have had in a while as far as meals go where someone else is entertaining me. My host took me there and I was surprised by the tapas style menu but quickly impressed by the amazing range of food we were served.

Been to Uchiko? Share your experiences!