“Uniquely Austin ”
Review of Snack Bar - CLOSED

Snack Bar
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: STYLISH : relaxed ambiance that invites lingering with your date, friends, or notebook. Bring the dog. TASTEFUL : globally inspired, locally sourced, chef-driven menu made with organic, raised-right & natural ingredients. DISTINCTIVE : small vineyard wine, local craft beer, fancy drinks, artisan coffee & specialty loose tea.
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Snack Bar is my favorite casual eatery in Austin. It has a retro contemporary look and an awesome covered patio that faces South Congress and is great for people watching. The food is farm to table and is very accommodating to food allergies. I dream about the vermicelli noodle bowl and the flash fried Brussels sprouts. Snack Bar is a spot worthy of a relaxed lunch or dinner for locals or visitors.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Arrived Sunday shortly before 12:00 noon. After a short wait we were offered a seat at the outside bar. No one waited on us or even acknowledged us for about 20 minutes. Finally, wait staff, Pilar, took our order and offered us a discount because of the inconvenience. I had the Migas which was very good. I enjoyed my meal, but the mix up with the wait staff was a problem.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

The food was very healthy, the decor was awesome, the service was top-notch, and it's right on South Congress where there is so much to walk and see and do. This is a perfect place to have a date or a meal with a friend-- it's small and quaint.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I love a good patio, so I was instantly drawn to this place. It's got so many things going for it - where to begin? People-watching for sure. The '50s minimalist decor. A very creative menu, and delicious food as well. Wait staff was extremely friendly. Lots of shade and oscillating fans made it very comfortable, even in July. I highly recommend brunch- oh, that bacon was memorable, and one of my favorites: oven roasted Brussels sprouts with a scrumptious aoli. My mouth is already watering, thinking about my next visit.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were in town with family visiting the Austin sites. We stopped at the Snack Bar for lunch. Very interesting and different. One in the party had the Veggie Hash and loved it. The rest of us had the Tamago Yoko, I think I spelled it right. It was so good, but beware it is a bit spicy. Ask them to leave the hot stuff off if you like it milder.