“Fine food”
Review of Snack Bar - CLOSED

Snack Bar
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: STYLISH : relaxed ambiance that invites lingering with your date, friends, or notebook. Bring the dog. TASTEFUL : globally inspired, locally sourced, chef-driven menu made with organic, raised-right & natural ingredients. DISTINCTIVE : small vineyard wine, local craft beer, fancy drinks, artisan coffee & specialty loose tea.
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Wandering through Soco on a Texas-cold evening, very few restaurants looked appealing -- except for this place with a modest name. The service was excellent and the food even better. The salads were superb and among the three of us, we couldn't find any part of the "snack" less than fulfilling. Kudos to the Snack Bar.

1  Thank eastcoastMontreal
There are newer reviews for Snack Bar

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Hubby and I walked up and down S.Congress before settling on The Snack Bar for lunch. The hostess was super pushy as we stood at the counter perusing the menu, so we went ahead and took a table. It has a cute retro vibe going on and plenty of outdoor seating on the sidewalk for people watching. I had the burger topped with a fried egg which was really, REALLY good, as was their mac & cheese. My husband had the migas and he said they were great. Since it was Sunday afternoon, they had a mimosa special running that we took advantage of. Conclusion: The Snack Bar is a funky place that's gonna cost you a good bit for lunch, but you're gonna enjoy every bite!

1  Thank Nawlinsgirl1980
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Drove by on Christmas while checking out SoCo. It was packed and I was saddened that I had made reservations 30 minutes north. We returned the next night and had a wonderful experience. Not only was the food and service superb and attentive....we sat at the bar due to our party of five. I am sorry to say I do not recall the bartender/server's name but he was wonderful. He was patient, attentive, informative, humorous, knowledgeable and informative...what more could you want? The food was wonderful. The atmosphere was nostalgic for my husband and self...the other family members were impressed and it definitely sparked conversation. Food was incredible, especially if I spied the tiny kitchen. They work wonders there! I am still dreaming of the Key Lime Panecotta.

1  Thank kimshe2
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We dropped in for a few drinks and some food before heading to the airport and found a great live band playing out on the patio. It was a little chilly, but they seated us right next to the fire pit and gave us blankets. Nice touch! We ordered a bunch of plates to share and everything was delicious - roasted brussel sprouts, cheese plate, falafel couscous plate. Our server was goofy, but efficient and a lot of fun.

1  Thank slsnyc
Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you just want to say you ate here then fine. But if being trendy isn't important then take a pass. $40 for 2French toasts& coffees is a ripoff. Oh wait it was organic.

2  Thank David N