“Nice place with good food!”
Review of Snack Bar - CLOSED

Snack Bar
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: STYLISH : relaxed ambiance that invites lingering with your date, friends, or notebook. Bring the dog. TASTEFUL : globally inspired, locally sourced, chef-driven menu made with organic, raised-right & natural ingredients. DISTINCTIVE : small vineyard wine, local craft beer, fancy drinks, artisan coffee & specialty loose tea.
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for a late lunch today and had a surprisingly pleasant meal. The name Snack Bar doesn't really fit. They have "snacks" but not your typical nachos and spinach dip. Definitely fits the Austin vibe of eccentric. I had the Mac N cheese which was really good. Also had the spicy bean dip that wasn't really spicy but was pretty good. Overall I had a wonderful experience.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This eclectic restaurant is in an old diner attached to an old motel on South Congress. We sat on stools at the original bar. There is nothing fancy about this place, but the food is delicious. We had tried their hash cake while on an Austin Eats food tour, and had to come back for a whole one of our own. It is kind of like a frittata made with bacon, cabbage, leek, egg, shrimp and siracha. We started with the daily special fresh rolls with shrimp and vegis and peanut dipping sauce. Everything was delicious, and tasted really healthy.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I went here on a Friday for late lunch. She had some kind of salad with four shrimp on it. She loved it. I had the BLT which is the best BLT I've ever had. Good, thick crunchy bacon, ripe tomatoes and crisp lettuce. Service was less than ok. Every time I wanted a refill of coffee I had to hunt down the waitress. Other tables had the same problem. Prices are a little high but the ingredients are much better quality than many other restaurants.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Cute place, wish I'd brought my dog since they're allowed. People there seemed sort of pretentious, but whatever. I ordered the french toast - it was reeeally good.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Such a funky diner that allows dogs in the outside area. Great local beers and excellent local food. Don't miss the flash fried Brussels Sprouts.