“The first time in my life that I was happy I couldn't eat barbeque...”

Noble Sandwiches Co
Ranked #276 of 3,700 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Waukesha
“The first time in my life that I was happy I couldn't eat barbeque...”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

...and I LOVE BBQ... I was in town for a 2 day business trip and had planned to grab some Texas barbeque before flying out. Looking up directions that morning I found that the place I was heading to had a fire the night before, and wouldn't be open for another week.

After a quick search for lunches in Austin, I recognized The Noble Pig from the Travel Channel's Best Sandwiches in America, and was instantly excited to try it. I got there shortly before noon and ordered a Noble Pig and Seared Beef Tongue sandwich. The Noble Pig was fantastic, with ham, pulled pork, bacon and provolone - what more could I ask for? Then I tried the seared beef tongue, my knees went weak and I momentarily forgot about the pork ambrosia I was eating seconds before. The SBT was among, if not THE, best sandwich(es) I've ever had in my life. These guys do an AMAZING job with it, tender, flavorful - I didn't want it to end. It made me cuss. It changed me.

I regret not having room to try the Duck Pastrami, but gave some SERIOUS thought to picking up another Seared Beef Tongue for the road. The Noble Pig sealed the deal with me that I would be returning to Austin in the very near future, if nothing else to visit them again. I picked up some bacon popcorn on my way out which turned out to be a great sweet & salty treat later that day... But the Beef Tongue Sandwich...? Hot Damn...

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Scott Y

“Delicious”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I've been here once and the sandwiches are so good! The place is small and crowded, but totally worth it. Give it a try, I can't see how you'd be disappointed.

Gainesville, Florida
“Awesome, cant miss”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Duck Pastrami was one of the best sandwiches I've had, no doubt. The Noble Pig was awesome as well, but would have been much more memorable had I not just tried the duck. Dont let the strip mall look fool you, there was a line out the door and it was well worth it. Thank goodness its not right down the road from me, as I'd eat out for lunch way too much. They had little dessert items that were good as well.

San Antonio, Texas
“The best damn sandwich EVER!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My friends went there as we were saying goodbye to another SXSW weekend....and the food was AMAZING.... I had the pork belly/Turkey club sandwich which was called the -TNP CLUB – HERB ROASTED TURKEY, HOUSE BACON OLIVE OIL PICKLES.. it was the best thing ever and then they make a 5 spice chocolate pudding that really taste more like a rich scoopable fudge/mousse.. It was pure heaven... WILL BE BACK FOR SURE!

1 Thank figboo69
Longmont, Colorado
“A Noble Food Experience”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

After realizing that we were staying less than 5 minutes away and not wanting to drive downtown to SXSW, we stopped in for a mid-afternoon lunch. The atmosphere is typical deli, but the food is absolutely amazing. The Noble Pig and Duck Pastrami are both full-flavored perfection.

Our second stop a few days later proved our first experience was not a fluke, as not only were sandwiches great, but one of the owners took time to stop and visit the crowd of diners. He loves what he is doing and it shows!

Plan on a wait anytime from 11AM to 2PM, the line is usually out the door - but definitely worth the time. Can't wait to go back and try the terrine!

• Visited March 2013

Been to Noble Sandwiches Co? Share your experiences!