“BBQ circuit road trip.”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: East Austin
Reviewed August 7, 2019

Wonderful experience, Atmosphere was friendly, welcoming, food was fantastic. We were even granted a personal tour of the smoking area. We plan on visiting this place again.
I wish I could cross this one off my bucket list but I can't as we are definitely going back.

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,609)

Reviewed August 6, 2019

I finally got a chance to try their barbeque and it certainly deserves the hype! Their brisket is cooked to perfection and the taste overcomes all the guilt of overeating. I love this place!!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019

When we get out of town guests that we REALLY like, we pre-order from Franklin's. For us, it's the only way. When you do that, the very helpful staff "out back" packages it all up, offers various sauces and sides and gets you on your way home quickly. OK, it cools off some, but on a hot day being able to drink several cold beers and not driving afterward is worth it. Don't even think about Franklin's any other way during SXSW, Formula One, or any UT home game. Although the brisket is the raved about item, the ribs are sublime (and costly!) Aaron Franklin has a loyal following, and for a very good reason.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank John H
Reviewed July 26, 2019 via mobile

We waited 2 hours and 20 minutes on a warm (but not hot) and breezy Tuesday morning.

While you can’t place orders whilst standing in line, you can get an idea as to what bbq delights will be available when you eventually arrive at the counter.

Drinks are also available whilst standing in line as are folding chairs.

The seating arrangement inside is small and there’s also an outdoor seating area.

The brisket, pulled pork and turkey were all excellent; the brisket was flavorful if a little fatty, the pulled pork was also a tad fatty, the turkey was hands down the best I’ve ever had. I did not try the ribs (big mistake on my part!).

All of the employees were friendly and polite despite the hoards of hungry eaters waiting to get in!

There is so much competition within Texas BBQ these days, especially in the Hill Country. I’ve waited inline at La Barbecue for 30 minutes but have been back multiple times. All of their food is fantastic. So is the wait at Franklin’s worth it? Yes!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

The brisket is the best we’ve tasted!
Highly recommend pre ordering though, we skipped the queue and although it’s a lot of meat to order it tastes great cold straight from the fridge the next day!

Date of visit: July 2019

Been to Franklin Barbecue? Share your experiences!