“Words Can Not Describe”

Neighborhood: East Austin
Texarkana, Texas
“Words Can Not Describe”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Seriously, I..cant...make...words...mouth too full of brisket. Wait...im sorry, this isnt just a brisket. It is quite possibly the best morsel of cow meat I have ever had the good fortune to shove down my throat. Best brisket period. Aaron Franklin is the Brisket King! My dads pork ribs looked quite satisfying as well but he hoarded them as though they were too precious to share. Yes, the line is ridiculous. Yes, the smells will make you go crazy. Yes, it is the best que ever. If you want the best, guess what, you have to pay the price. Eat this food now!!!

3 Thank Noah G

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Best BBQ ever”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

My good its the best brisket ever
But... We arrive at 7:45 am on sat, and wait 4 hours on the line please do somthing

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Guillllermo
New York City, New York
“Worth visiting at least once.”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The line is ridiculous and I agree with some reviewers that this place has become way overrated. But with that said, waiting in the line is part of the experience and the food is pretty excellent. I tried a little bit of everything and the ribs were my favorite. The brisket, pork, sausage, and turkey were all so good but the ribs here were dynamite. I would definitely recommend going at least once, after that, try to pre-order.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank jennyvh
Dallas, Texas
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The bbq was pretty good. The briskets was delish but the ribs...ahhh well another story! the turkey, they dunk in the au ju and its pretty amazing. the wait is horrid but they come out with hot link samples for everyone while waiting. I head if you buy the entire brisket you can skip line!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank KULINARYKING
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Good BBQ Bad wait”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The popularity of this place in my opinion is way overrated. The BBQ here is good but it is not worth the 3-4 hour wait and the line around the block. It's become a big social feat and nothing more. When I arrived at 8 am the line was already around the corner with about 100 waiting. Based on what I saw, I presumed I was going to have the most phenomenal BBQ in the states. After taking my place in line and finally tracing the front door after 4 hours, I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the food here is very good with good size portions, but not worth spending the entire morning and afternoon waiting for it

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank bsryan

Been to Franklin Barbecue? Share your experiences!