“Great Location”

W Austin
Ranked #18 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We had great service at this hotel, the room was nicely decorated and very clean, we loved that it was within walking distance to many great restaurants! We would definitely stay at the Austin W Hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Thank you for your review. We too love our location in the heart of the vibrant Second Street District! We look forward to seeing you back in Austin soon.

There are newer reviews for W Austin

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is the perfect hotel to be located in downtown Austin. It has everything it should, polite and attentive staff, unique interiors,
gorgeous views, a wonderful spa, and beautiful pool areas that look up to the spectacular Austin skyline.
Easy walking distance to the best restaurants, coffee places etc. It is just fun to be there!

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the W Austin. I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed your time with us, and have enjoyed all of our facilities, including the AWAY Spa. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed October 30, 2011

I have stayed at the W hotel in Austin twice in the last month. Each visit was a pleasant experience from the car parkers to check in. Our daughter realized 2 weeks after a stay that she had left a very nice pair of boots. We called the hotel with a sense of dread as usually things left behind disappear. The front desk located them and held them until our next visit. That alone would keep me going back. We attended a concert in the ACL studio adjacent to the hotel and it was fantastic.
My only critique is that breakfast service on both visits was very slow. The food is great and the menu is creative but if you don't have more than an hour then don't bother. It's the only area of the hotel where it seemed they weren't well organized.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the W Austin. I'm so glad to hear that our Risk team was able to find your daughter's boots. I also thank you for your feedback about breakfast timing, it's something that I have relayed to my team, and we work to improve on. I hope that you join us with your daughter again soon for another visit to Austin.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Beautiful hotel with very friendly and energetic staff. And my dog was treated to the same excellent service as I was.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your review, Nancy J. I'm thrilled to hear that you and your four-legged companion enjoyed all the perks associated with our P.A.W. (Pets Are Welcome) program. We hope to see you both back soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

My fiance and I are always exhausted from work and the daily stress of life in New York...so we decided to take a trip to Austin since so many wonderful folks that we meet are from there. We booked the W Hotel and could not have been happier. When we arrived there was some confusion with our room selection but IMMEDIATELY the error was rectified. The hotel staff is excellent and the rooms are really unique (& CLEAN!). It was one of our most pleasant experiences and we are grateful for the ambience and good spirit. Thank-you for making our trip special. We hope to visit you again soon!

Room Tip: If you do not travel with a pet, make sure you are aware that pets stay here.,
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the W Austin! We look forward to having you and your fiance back in Austin soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 3, 2011

I was in Austin last week on business alone and decided to take a little time out for some TLC at the Away Spa....Very nice spa, brand new, very typical of other W spas...
After my great treatment I went downstairs to speak with the cheerful concierge Dulce who greeted me smiling ear to ear and KNOWS Austin like the back of her hand. I mentioned to her I what I was in the mood for and she nailed exactly what I needed. Not only was she amazing in her recommendations but went ABOVE AND BEYOND to ensure I enjoyed myself. I travel atleast 3 times a month and normally stay at min. 4star hotels..THIS W IS 5 stars all the way and mostly because Dulce made me feel at home and pointed me in the right directions as if I already knew the city. I will be referring others and appreciated the southern hospitality Dulce! Bravo!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the W Austin. I'm thrilled to hear that Dulce was able to make your stay memorable. We look forward to seeing you back in Austin again soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2011

I had a business trip to Austin and to my delight the company set me up in the W. The staff was very curtious, intelligent and professional. The hotel itself was sparkling it was soooooo clean.

Though the rooms were small they were elegant. The room included a minifridge, tray to eat in bed, snacks (a tad over priced), a giagantic bathroom (no tub, but it was beautiful) and the carpets looked new. I did not fear taking my shoes off. The quiet was very nice too I couldn't hear my neighbors or the busy streets from outside.

There were tons of amazing eateries within walking distance and local culture was everywhere.

I will stay here everytime I go to Austin!

Room Tip: Request to stay on a higher floor. From experience it is extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business