W Austin
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$131
$239
  • Restaurant
$227
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
$107
$99
$142
$137
  • Breakfast included
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
$251
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$99
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
Travelocity
1,268 results
All reviewswet decktrace restaurantbliss productscorner suiteliving roomhip hotelmoody theaterchocolate covered strawberriesfour seasonslady bird lakehotel barheart of downtownlive musictown lakevalet parkingfitness centerconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2011

From the moment I arrived with my brothers and friend it was a great experience. The staff greet you at the door and everything is beautiful, clean, and posh. I felt like I was in Miami, Florida because of the way the hotel was setup and decorated. The room was large enough for 4 of us to be moving around in. The room was decorated contemporary and also felt very comfortable and cozy. They were also very clean and smelt amazing walking in. I knew I would be getting a good nights sleep because the beds were so comfortable. While we were getting ready to go out we were able to hook up our iphone to a docking station they had and play our music. Initially the docking station was not working, my brother called down to let them know in within 5 minutes someone was in the room switching out the docking station for a new one. We had a great view of the river and city. The pool was very posh though It was a typical hot summer day so it was packed and on the small side. They provided oversized, soft, white towels to use and staff walked around to see if you needed anything fairly frequently and conveniently. At night we were able to adjust the lighting in the room and around the bed frames which was blue lighting, I thought it was different and cool. The only thing I would change would be that the bathroom was open with a clear glass door so it made it hard to shower with friends and my brothers there. I had to make them wait down at the pool while I showered then they took turns and we had to wait on the bedroom side while someone showered just to protect their privacy. On the first level they also have a great bar/club like area with several rooms to lounge and have cocktails/beers. It was a saturday night and had a dj after 9pm mixing up some good music. Overall this was the best hotel experience and I will definitely be back again

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Danielle E
WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Thank you for your review. I'm thrilled to hear that you and your brothers and friends had a nice stay. We look forward to seeing you back in Austin again soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2011

My friends and I recently spent the weekend in the W hotel..2 nights with connecting rooms. This is not a hotel for young children.. It is fun, lively and hip. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It is modern, but beautiful with very comfortable beds. The amenities are plenty! the pool is where it is fun. There is full bar service and the wait staff is fantastic! MY huge complaint about this area, is the surface around the pool. The surface is about 150 degrees and I burnt the soles of my feet. The hotel seriously needs to resurface with a cool deck or put out outdoor rugs to walk on around the pool. Everyone was complaining about this and the streamed in music was like you were in a grocery store! the staff said it could not be changed. Overall, it was a cool hotel and lots of fun at the bar at night also. Easy for ACL live concerts. It is right next door! We will definitely come back!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SusanSwartzTexas

Thank you for your review, and I’m glad to hear that you had a nice stay. Thank you for your concern about the hot WET Deck pavement, we do try our best to strategically place rugs to avoid any discomfort for our guests. We're also happy to provide flip flops to make your time on the WET Deck more enjoyable, the next time you're visiting. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I read the other reviews and noticed a trend. Most of the people that like this hotel had never stayed at a W before. This makes sense to me.

I've stayed at W's all over the world and my expectations have been set very high. Hollywood, Istanbul, New Orleans, even Fort Lauderdale(!) make this place look like a Radisson. In fact, I've stayed at the Radisson in Austin before and had a more pleasant stay (at one-third the price).

So knowing this this hotel was JUST built brand new, from the ground up, I had a certain level of expectations, none of which were met. Why?

1) Bad room layout. Weirdly-shaped couch that killed about 15 sq. ft of floor space. Tiny room. No door what-so-ever in the shower area (this is becoming the norm in boutique hotels but most W's at least have a sliding door).

2) Terrible service #1. Even though our rooms were booked by someone with SPG-Gold status that bought a freakin cabana for the day AND we were registered guests at the hotel, security gave us a hard time getting in the pool. Which by the way is slightly bigger than a bathtub and was absolutely MURKY after a morning of sunscreen-slathered hipster wannabes did whatever their thing was in there. When I complained to the manager about the pool access, I was informed (quite incorrectly) that many W's don't even let their own guests in the pool, just the good looking people. Wow! What a value to your guests! Thanks for sharing!

3) Terrible service #2. Following a fun late night out, we ordered room service around 3 am. Whatever Whenever? How about Nothing Never! Never came. Had to walk two blocks away for a pizza.

4) Terrible service #3. Again, even though SPG Gold status gets you guaranteed late check-out at 4 pm, they refused to give us anything later than 12:30. This was on a Sunday when I know for a fact they were not fully booked.

5) Just plain not good looking. It had the minimalist industrial thing going on that most other W's have, but it was just not designed well. Sorry. Tiny lobby too.

Just to clear the bias, I will admit that the gym was very nice.

I'm not saying it was a roach motel, but for the price and reputation of the W brand, this place is a HUGE let down. Do not waste your money here. The location is great but there are plenty of other places in Downtown Austin that cost significantly less and actually appreciate their customers. Next time, I'll be at the Omni.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank LittleG1818

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I’d very much like to discuss the specifics of your stay, as I’d like to address specific concerns with my team members, as inconsistencies with in-room dining and any unsatisfactory customer service issues from our team is unacceptable, and not what we pride ourselves on. I can be reached at 512.542.3630 look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

So I was so excited to stay at this hotel as we celebrated my girlfriend Bachelorette party nearby. But when I arrived at 3:30pm for 3:00pm check in our two rooms were not ready. Not only were they not cleaned yet they were not connected as I originally requested. so we went to lunch across the street while they got the rooms ready. I left them my phone number to call me as soon as they were ready. 2 hours passed and still no call! I go back over to the hotel and the rooms are ready but we explained that there was never a call and that we had dinner reservations and there are 8 of that have to get ready and we were not going to make it! We get up the room and one of the two rooms is still not ready! The doorway was blocked by the cleaning cart! So we are all packed into one room waiting to hear from the manager about what to do next. The manager came up and actually vacuumed the room himself! He gave us 6 drink coupons, 2 bottles of champagne, and a small $50 off each room for the Inconvenience. Then at night while we were back in the hotel the air conditioner never cooled the room down and made this loud noise like every 5 min that sounded like a pencil sharpener. It made the room very humid and we sweat all night. To top it off the shade in the room would not shut all the way and left an 8" gap of sunlight coming through the room! The hotel gave us free breakfast in our rooms for that.
I did not like the way the hotel was built, it almost looks cheaply done. The showers was the worst. The water shot out so hard and thin that it hurt your skin almost like it was slapping you! I am telling you this was not a great experience, and the rooms are expensive and small! Not worth the money at all! I would not recommend this place to anybody. the hotel staff was nice enough to give us the little gifts like free drinks and food, but I would have been happier if they comp'd a whole room. i did not want to seem like all I was trying to do was get free stuff, but everything was going wrong on our stay. Parking at the hotel is super expensive too! $30 a night even if you are staying in the hotel. this should be free, like I said the rates are expensive.

Room Tip: All the room are small, unless you are in the presidential suites!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank pamvelez1

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay, and my apologies for your unsatisfactory stay. I’ve asked our director of rooms, Joanna McCreary to be in touch with you to discuss the specifics of your stay and how we can avoid situations like this in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

The hotel was gorgeous and the service was outstanding. The W staff was so friendly and they went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of. The "Whenever, Whatever" desk was incredibly helpful, especially Sara who had fantastic recommendations! We will recommend the W Austin to everyone and we will most definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple