“Just Don't Ask Directions”

Best Western Plus Austin Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #66 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Toronto, Canada
“Just Don't Ask Directions”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went to Austin for a family wedding and used points for our travel needs. This was one of the few choices offered and I had always felt Best Western to be a middle-of-the-road chain. The staff was courteous. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The pool and Jacuzzi were clean and functioning properly though we did have to request additional towels. Since this was family affair, some of the functions were held at hotels where the majority were staying. When we asked for directions, the staff at Best Western had total memory lapse. In the end, we found our own way and the hotels were only a few miles away. We were told that Best Western does not offer directions to competitive properties. Having said this, I would return because of the proximity to the airport (15 minutes) and downtown (20 minutes).

Room Tip: Rooms with king beds give you more room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
aadsantos, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Referee40,

Thank you for your kind review; we truly appreciate every bit of feedback from our guests.

I’m happy to hear that you were able to use Best Western Rewards Points for your travel needs. I genuinely appreciate the mention of our staff’s courteousness, cleanliness of our rooms and functioning pool. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff.

Please be assured that we have made necessary changes in making directions to Austin’s attractions available to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Adelle Agnes D. Santos, CHA
Best Western PLUS Austin Airport Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel was very comfortable. Breakfast included healthy choices, and was more than I needed. The room was spotless, and I slept like a log. I found the staff friendly and helpful. There was plenty of parking, and restaurants and stores quite close by. I felt safe in the area around the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank KathleenIDavis
Kerrville, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Overall, would consider staying here again.

Pros: Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms nice, large. Breakfast included. Was able to leave vehicle in lot and take shuttle to airport as opposed to having to get up even earlier to find a shuttle lot.

Cons: The shuttle service to the airport left a little to be desired. On the morning of our departure, was told we could not get our group of 7 into a single shuttle, could only get us all there if we split into three groups. So, I loaded as many as I could into my vehicle and dropped them of at the airport and returned the hotel. I caught the next shuttle to the airport -- which was EMPTY. Getting back to the hotel after our flight was tiresome as well, but we did.

Baytown, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Fast check -in, clean room, good breakfast buffet. Nothing to complain about. Location was ideal for what I went to Austin for. Parking was tight. Some inconsiderate guest took two parking spots. I found parking at the back of the hotel. It was not a big deal.

1 Thank jalmaguer30
Austin, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed five nights, room was outstanding, staff very helpful. They have only one luggage cart, so you might need to make a couple of trips if you have lots of bags. Breakfast was OK, had cold cereal which I ate, I'd preferred hot Oatmeal. Well worth the money.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed on company business but had to leave a card for incidentals. When I checked out they couldn't provide me a receipt but read the last 4 digits of the charge card (not mine). I get home today & I have a charge for the hotel. Called & it will take 5-7 days for credit, but the charge was dated on my card for my check in date, not check out date. Furious!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Clean, great price- pretty and sleek room furnishings --good location for our purposes. Free wifi in rooms,large tvs (flat screens) --nice towels and toiletries. Free parking and airport shuttle. Good breakfast. Two cup coffee makers, microwaves and refrigerators in rooms. HBO and good cable channel selection

Room Tip: The rooms with 2queens are even roomier than kings- get a second floor room
1 Thank Jonicc