Ways to Experience 6th Street
from $67.50
from $25.00
from $29.99
1,516 results
All reviews live music bourbon st party street bars and clubs voodoo donuts bar scene bar hopping college kids younger crowd people watching great music driskill hotel keep austin weird walk around lots of fun downtown austin bands
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2015

So 6th street to me was a let down. I thought the bars were going to be a little more upscale but most of them as we walked by smelled dingy and of mold. We walked past one bar and the guy working the door berated us for not wanting to come in (yeah, now I really want to come in after you yell at me). It is definitely college area with cheap drinks and all but to me it was just a dirty place.

Date of experience: April 2015
4  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed September 8, 2015

Walking by the street I felt somehow like walking in a New Orleans enjoyable street !! This Street has a lot of Bars, Restaurants, local shops. Lots of fun, day and night. And the nearby streets same thing. I don´t know if it was legal, but I saw people walking with a beer in their hand.

Date of experience: January 2015
Reviewed September 4, 2015

6th Street is not for everyone. The main drag area is predominately bars with some potential for eating near the area. I avoid 6th Street when I can because there will always be people in the road. At night, you worry for people's safety as you drive past and they are flocking everywhere. If you want to listen to local, live music and drink a few beers or get completely unsober, you will love 6th Street. Otherwise, there are very few shops and other things to do besides party.

Date of experience: June 2015
2  Thank Txpoet
Reviewed September 1, 2015

This is THE STREET don't miss it at night during the weekend good food, good music good people even the police participate to the fiesta

Date of experience: October 2014
Reviewed September 1, 2015

If you want some fun while in Austin, try 6th street. It gets a little wild at night but during the
day it is still crowded but fun. Most of the places to eat are great. The old buildings are unique
and fun to look at.