“Food tasted like cafeteria food”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 3,689 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mo-Pac Expressway & West Braker Lane
Austin
“Food tasted like cafeteria food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I went with my family and tried different food. First we started with the Bruschettas. They tasted very good. The tomato tasted fresh and the combination of vegetables was very good. Later, we tried the stuffed mushrooms and we found them blend. The parmesan crusted tilapia tasted OK but nothing special. We also tried the chicken parmesan and it tasted like cafeteria food. For pasta, we had the bake Ziti and again, we found them blend like cafeteria food. For desert we had the cheesecake and the chocolate cake. The cheesecake again tasted like cafeteria cheesecake but the chocolate cake tasted like I was in heaven. I will go back only for the cake but the food was overprice for what it was. The place is very elegant and good ambiance.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank powerpc

• Slovak first
“My Family's Favorite Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have eaten in three different Maggianos....the Rim in San Antonio, North Park Mall in Dallas, and the Domain in Austin. Their food and service have always been wonderful. I particularly enjoy taking family groups there because of their menu option of having family style servings. With the Classic choice, you may select three appetizers and/or salads, four entrees, and two desserts. The food is replenished as long as you want.....and left overs are sent home with you. Recently, our party of eight were at the Austin location on Easter Sunday. Our waitress was personable and efficient and the food was delicious. I highly recommend Maggianos Little Italy.

• Visited March 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Surprisingly very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am usually not a huge fan of big chain restaurants, but it was near where we were staying so I tried it out. I had a spicy shrimp dish that was very good. Pasta was cooked well, shrimp tasted good and the sauce was delicious. I was surprised by how good my meal was. It was a good value as well. My only complaint would be how expensive some of the wine was. I always know there is a large mark up on wine, but this seemed higher than normal, either way I would recommend.

• Visited January 2013
Austin, Texas
“Good for business lunch/dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Easy parking, good atmosphere for lunch and dinner. Noise level is low due to high ceilings. I've had a variety here - Salmon with spinach, spagehtti, calamari. Great selection of classic pastas - spaghetti, lasagna. Big portions too so you have take home. They gave me Lemon Cookies for my birthday and I usually hate Lemon but love these and get them when I go back and feel like indulging. Not too sweet or tart.

Visited August 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“They Make you feel SPECIAL !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

This restaurant is managed so well. We have visited on several occasions when we are in austin and each time is better than the last! Celebrated an anniversary and the manager gave us our wine complimentary. The food is wonderful and the service each time we visit is the best we have ever received!! And we travel internationally. There is no place we feel more special than this Italian Restaurant in Austin, Texas !!

Visited February 2013