“What a great experience!”
Review of Live Love Paddle

Live Love Paddle
More attraction details
Owner description: Live Love Paddle offers nightly guided kayak tours to watch the Congress Ave Bridge Bats in Austin, Texas. Live Love Paddle also offers daily rentals of stand-up paddleboards, kayaks and canoes on Lady Bird Lake. The Urban Kayak Tour is a daytime tour offered year round! We have secure lockers, real restrooms, accept credit cards and have free parking on-site!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We came down to Austin for ACL and were looking for some way to get out on the water while we were in town. Well after doing some digging, we stumbled upon Live, Love, Paddle, and their Bat Tour. We loved it. Casey was fantastic, very flexible with plans and he was very informative. I wouldn't say we are Bat experts, but we certainly know more now than most. We had one other couple on the tour with us, and spent about three hours out on the water. Seeing the bats come out of the bridge at dusk was one of the coolest things, and to see it from the water level was just the best.
I would recommend this for just about anyone who is wanting to get out on the water, take a look at the bats, or both.

LiveLovePaddle, Owner at Live Love Paddle, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thanks for writing such a great review! I'm so glad that you found us and that you had fun seeing the bats — it's truly a remarkable experience! I'm sorry I'm only just getting back to you now; we are new to this whole online reviews thing.

I agree with you though, Austin's bats are best seen from water level. In fact, I think Austin itself is best seen from the water. Having spent several years as a river tour guide I'm probably pretty biased though, huh?

Are you coming back for ACL this year? If you are, you should definitely stop in!

Best,

in 10 reviews
"ave"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed October 8, 2013

My Wife surprised me for my Birthday at the end of August by renting a two person kayak and paddling down to Congress Bridge *About 2 miles...1 hours) just before the daily exodus of over 2 MILLION bats! The sight as the sun begins to set is AMAZING. The smell, however...not so amazing. When you have 2 MILLION creatures flying overhead...yup, one or two have to go "POTTY!!"
So, when I say "Keep your mouth shut!" they are sage words indeed.
The experience is something that should be on everyones bucket list, and Live Love Paddle make the experience a memorable one.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

One of the highlights of our trip! We took the Congress Bridge Bat Tour and it was great.
Being from Australia, Casey was amazing with the booking process and any queries I had were answered straight away, as well as being entertaining and informative during the tour.

Would definitely recommend checking out while in Austin!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Visiting from England, we were very keen to see these famous bats up close. Rather than slumming it with the great unwashed hanging over the side of the bridge like idiots, we decided to give Live Love Paddle a try. And we were not disappointed. After a gentle kayak up the river at our own pace, we had the best seats in the house to view this rather special sight. Far far better than huddling on one of the shuddering stinkpot barges that ferry less adventurous bat-seekers across the water - relaxing in kayaks, free to move and gawp as one pleases, is the perfect way to experience this. Our guide Casey was an utter gent - a charming, funny, bat-savvy, all round good bloke, he helped make the evening's paddle a pure delight. Can't recommend this enough: a very lovely way to pass a few hours at sundown in Austin.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The owner Casey was very accommodating on our trip. We decided to book out trip in advance and because of the possibility of bad weather we were the only tour of the evening. He was a gracious host and made our trip very memorable. Thanks Casey

LiveLovePaddle, Owner at Live Love Paddle, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

My pleasure, Michelle. We're in the business of helping people make lasting memories and it's why we love to do what we do!

I know I am a little late to the party with my response but I wanted to take the time to thank you anyway. As a small, local shop we rely on reviews like these to help us grow — so thanks!

Best,