“Awesome experience...water, bats, and romance!”
Review of Live Love Paddle

Live Love Paddle
More attraction details
Owner description: Live Love Paddle offers nightly guided kayak tours to watch the Congress Ave Bridge Bats in Austin, Texas. Live Love Paddle also offers daily rentals of stand-up paddleboards, kayaks and canoes on Lady Bird Lake. The Urban Kayak Tour is a daytime tour offered year round! We have secure lockers, real restrooms, accept credit cards and have free parking on-site!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Live, Love, Paddle was a great experience. We kayaked with them as a date night. However, we would like to return with our kids. The bats were a great sight and something you want to watch. There is a great view of downtown Austin while in the water. Very romantic while the sun is setting! Overall, great experience. I would recommend this to anyone...including those with no experience!!!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"ave"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a great time on the evening bat tour....Dan was a great guide and very friendly. Highly recommend!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Did this tour recently and my boyfriend and I really enjoyed it! It is a great tour for first-timers, as well as one of the best way to see the bats, from below the bridge.

One thing that should be noted is that if you aren't in shape, or decide to go alone, just be a little careful. There was one guide to about 16 people on my tour, and you kayak quite a long ways to the bridge and back. It was pitch black when coming back to the dock, with fairly heavy winds, and everyone separated. Although we were given glowsticks around our neck, my boyfriend and I could barely see any others in our group, and we discussed how if anything went wrong, ( even if someone was too tired to finish the long distance you had to paddle), the tour guide is nowhere to be found. He was way ahead of most of the group. We were not required to sign back in upon arriving at the shop, and the person helping us unload all our kayaks had no idea if anyone was behind us. Just a little surprising considering it's dark and there are first time kayaker; you think that there should maybe be someone more experienced bringing up the rear to make sure nobody in the group had any issues.

Overall, we still are very glad we did this tour.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to Austin to celebrate our anniversary. I booked the tour to see the bats without knowing what to expect. We did a tandem kayak, it was the first time kayaking for both of us. Our tour guide and teacher, Casey was super nice and personable. The whole experience was really
awesome! The bats are amazing and I think kayaking is my new favorite thing to do! Do this tour!