“A lot of fun!”
Review of Live Love Paddle

Live Love Paddle
More attraction details
Owner description: Live Love Paddle offers nightly guided kayak tours to watch the Congress Ave Bridge Bats in Austin, Texas. Live Love Paddle also offers daily rentals of stand-up paddleboards, kayaks and canoes on Lady Bird Lake. The Urban Kayak Tour is a daytime tour offered year round! We have secure lockers, real restrooms, accept credit cards and have free parking on-site!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a great time on the evening bat tour....Dan was a great guide and very friendly. Highly recommend!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Did this tour recently and my boyfriend and I really enjoyed it! It is a great tour for first-timers, as well as one of the best way to see the bats, from below the bridge.

One thing that should be noted is that if you aren't in shape, or decide to go alone, just be a little careful. There was one guide to about 16 people on my tour, and you kayak quite a long ways to the bridge and back. It was pitch black when coming back to the dock, with fairly heavy winds, and everyone separated. Although we were given glowsticks around our neck, my boyfriend and I could barely see any others in our group, and we discussed how if anything went wrong, ( even if someone was too tired to finish the long distance you had to paddle), the tour guide is nowhere to be found. He was way ahead of most of the group. We were not required to sign back in upon arriving at the shop, and the person helping us unload all our kayaks had no idea if anyone was behind us. Just a little surprising considering it's dark and there are first time kayaker; you think that there should maybe be someone more experienced bringing up the rear to make sure nobody in the group had any issues.

Overall, we still are very glad we did this tour.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to Austin to celebrate our anniversary. I booked the tour to see the bats without knowing what to expect. We did a tandem kayak, it was the first time kayaking for both of us. Our tour guide and teacher, Casey was super nice and personable. The whole experience was really
awesome! The bats are amazing and I think kayaking is my new favorite thing to do! Do this tour!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had such a great time kayaking to the Congress Bridge to see the bats come out. A perspective like no other from down in the water. We had no experience before and our guide helped everyone with a quick lesson. Our six year old had a great time too and really enjoyed the fun facts about bats. We would definitely go again even with the sore muscles the day after!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

As I was planning an annual guys' trip, I wanted to include a unique activity that we'd all appreciate, enjoy, and remember while visiting the great city of Austin. Live Love Paddle fit the bill perfectly and I'd recommend this tour to anyone looking for something different, active, curiously educational, and totally fun. After making a long-distance reservation with Casey, he set us up with everything we needed when we arrived--he was welcoming, informative, friendly, and practical. Dan was our tour guide and did a great job of it, educating us while being one of the guys and letting us guide ourselves out to Congress Bridge. Very cool tour guide, and the tour itself was something we'll never forget. The business is well organized, the product is awesome, and the people are outstanding. Great time.