Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$133
$125
$289
$263
Hilton.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$93
$241
$219
$189
  • Breakfast included
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$99
2,199 results
All reviewshill countrygreat golfnature trailtennis courtsgolf courses arefazio foothillsindoor poolbeautiful propertybell stafffitness centerbreakfast buffetbusiness conferenceself parkingaustin areaweddingvalettexas
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I reserved a two bedroom suite for my family which included two toddler children. The hotel was unable to honor our check in time of 4:00 and was unable to tell us when we would have our rooms - saying only "soon", "soon". We finally had our rooms at 5:45 - way too late for too small children.
The first night we had dinner at the Austin Grill (formerly known as the Wine etc". The food was terrible; none of us had a decent meal.
The Resort's "highly acclaimed restaurant" was closed the two nights that we were there.
The Hotel is really difficult to navigate and if you have small children, stay someplace else. We stayed in the Tower and were forced to go back to the lobby and then backtrack in order to take an elevator from the pool area - or climb a huge number of steps (difficult with children) to reach the elevators in the Tower. There is no ground level entry at the pool area.
There were many, many steps to get to the Spa, so if you have any trouble with steps, don't book. I'm surprised the Resort complies with the various state and federal regulations protecting the disabled.
I am not disabled, but found the routes to the various venues ridiculous.
Wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
jfcwalsh, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2010

The resort always works well in allowing guests to access their guestrooms as soon as they are available and understand how important this is for families with young children. We continue to receive very favorable feedback overall on our casual dining offering "8212 Wine Bar and Grill. The resort did include complete compliance with all ADA Guidelines during a major $30M renovation a number of years ago and wished we had had a chance to show this nice family the ground level access that exists to the resort pool.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

I recently traveled to Austin for an event with my wife and teenage son. Austin is great, but I wanted to make the trip more than just a good time in a fun town.

So, we decided to spend our last night at Barton Creeek Resort and Spa. It was about a 20 minute drive out of town. Even though we arrived late in the day (around 6pm), they still let my son (15 yrs) and I tee off on one of their incredible golf courses. We golfed until the sunset at around 8:30pm. The staff could not have been nicer.

Many times resorts make you bring the carts in early and you don't get to play into the evening. This was not the case at Barton Creek. We were able to play 15 holes before it got too dark. The course was spectacular. We enjoyed the natural beauty of the rolling hills and wildlife (deer, rabbits, etc...) as we played into the evening. I have played many of the finest courses in the US and would rank these courses in the top tier for sure.

When we were done we joined my wife in the room, which was spacious and comfortable and had great views of the rolling hills and countryside. It was beautifully decorated as well. We then enjoyed a late dinner in the Resort restaurant. I had no idea that Barton Creek was such a remarkable place.

The next day we had a great breakfast at the Resort restaurant (which was included in the package as was one round of golf). My son and I then played another round of golf on an incredible course and my wife enjoyed the spa. We also had a chance to stroll around the hotel and jump in the pool. The hotel has a lot of historical paintings and displays that are very interesting.

I hope our future travels take us to Austin again. If they do, I will certainly stay longer at Barton Creek Resort and Spa. One night was not even close to long enough. I highly recommend this Resort for golfers!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

The resort very much appreciates the terrific feedback noted here for everyone who appreciates the great game of golf and the variety of Golf Packages that we offer throughout the year. We are very much looking forward to some terrific playing conditions throughout the Fall and on into the great Austin Winters. Come tee it up.

Reviewed July 31, 2010

We just returned yesterday from celebrating our five year anniversary at Barton Creek Resort, the same place we married under the Gazebo in July 2005. Our wedding there and our stay then was perfect & we've been back a couple times since with nothing short of a great experience.

This time was different though - and things seem to be slipping.

Let me first say that the service is still impeccable. The staff was consistently friendly, most say hello in passing and they gave the appearance that they like being there. The grounds are meticulous & the courses look beautiful. The pool, hot tub, miniature golf, and nature trail were great for our family. We were in a Scenic Balcony Guestroom where the view, bathroom, and 42' television were outstanding. We both recognized and appreciated the improvements that have been made to the gazebo area...It looks great!

On the flipside, Barton Creek's advertised "Scenic Guestroom" description of "upgraded features for the pampered traveler" including "new furniture" was just simply not the case for the room we occupied. Most of the wood furniture, especially the desk, had the varnish scraped down in several places to where bare wood was exposed, the hair/fur from the cowhide chair was so worn down that only the cow's skin/leather was exposed on the seat of the chair. One of the armed chairs had dried blood blotches on the fabric, the queen bed closest to the bathroom sunk inward toward the middle, and the coffee maker lid was broken. The guest pamphlets on the desk had some kind of prior guest "guck" on them and water remained in the ice bucket from a previous guest when we checked in. The metal balcony bars are rusting through and sorely need paint (as by the way, does the back of the entry doors when you walk into the lobby - they look terrible). There need to be more than just two sleeping pillows on each queen bed.

Worst of all for my wife however, who showers 2X a day, and to a lesser degree for me and our 2 children: there was NO HOT WATER for the entirety of our 4 day/3 night stay (July 27-30), irrespective of the time of day. My wife commented that they must be running the towels and sheets "all the time, day and night" and I responded "but honey, the card in the bathroom says they only do that every 3 days."...bringing me to my next comment: I don't mind the towel concept, but if I'm staying at a "resort", we shouldn't have to read a small card next to the soap dish in the bathroom, and be required to take that small card and place it on the bed if we wish to have our linens changed more than once every three days. Maybe it's because of the Barton Creek hot water shortage. I understand the environmental spin, but BC should consider allowing guests to take the card from the bathroom and place it on the bed if they want to skip the change in linens that day....Those who are wishing to make that environmental impact will act accordingly.

The resort fee is fine, but it's very confusing as to what goes where, particularly as it pertains to housekeeping and whether their keep, under the umbrella category of resort fee, warrants (or doesn't warrant) a greater tip from the guest. BC's resort fee description mentions that it covers housekeeping (which is not an extra at any hotel or resort) - so my assumption was that this was their tip. My assumption could be the reason why they didn't say "hello" to me in passing. It's clear that there's a 21% gratuity for the food servers - this should be made clear for housekeeping as well so that guests don't mistakenly shortchange fair compensation, as I may have. In addition, the $10/day internet fee should be free of charge or built into the resort fee, especially given the clientele.

Finally, I understand that it was very warm outside this week, but the common areas (lobby, sitting areas, hallways) were way too warm.

High standards of service, consistent delivery and keen attention to detail are key ingredients for the long term success of any coining itself a "resort"... and we truly wish Barton Creek finds that which seems to have been lost....so that our return celebratory visits can again be what they once were.

Meantime, we're giving you a bogey.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank WeRSunshine
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I was looking for a nice restaurant to take my wife for our anniversary. Came accross the Hill Country restaurant and liked what I saw online. I then began to look at the website and saw it was located in Barton Creek Resort and Spa. Why not just stay at the resort after dinner? We did and it was the best decision I've made in a while (says my wife). From the time I booked the room, I knew that this was going to be a special stay based on the details given to me by the courteous agent I spoke with on the phone. I was not disappointed. Read on.

The Hill Country was not open for dinner on the night we stayed, but we ate at their bar & grille (8212). The 8212 Bar & Grille rivaled some of the most elegant upscale restaurants in Austin. We loved the food and retired to our rooms. The room & view was excellent. It overlooked the hill country and golf course. The large rooms included nice robes and fresh scented Texas toiletries that my wife loved (as did I, but will deny in public). We got the bed & breakfast package, which included breakfast in the Hill Country main dining room. We got to the buffet a few minutes before it was scheduled to end and piled food on our plate as if it was the last supper. The staff told us there was no rush and they continued to bring out food and serve us as if we were the first guests of the morning. The staff made us feel like royalty, addressing us by name as we were served. The staff showed complete professionalism and truly valued the guest of the resort. Southern hospitality at its best! Thanks for helping me go home a Hero!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
jfcwalsh, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2010

Our Executive Chef, Phil Bouza and I are very pleased with this glowing review on our 8212 Wine Bar & Grill which features over thirty wines by the glass to complement an excellent menu offering. The resort is a perfect destination for an evening of dining, a day at our Three Springs Spa or an overnight visit. Looking forward to seeing this nice couple again.

Reviewed July 23, 2010

So far below a "great resort" it isn't even funny. Staff is, for the most part, inexperienced and ineffective.

Great looking place, but don't be the first one up in the morning, it will be your job to get hot water to the other rooms.

Met our kids and their families for dinner in the Wine Bar & Grill. It took nearly an hour for our appetizers to show up, bottle of wine was left at the table UNopened after having to order it twice to get it to show up to begin with, entrees nearly took another hour. There was a corporate event and we were obviously just an after thought to them. (Also, for a Wine Bar they had a very mediocre and limited selection).

Absolutely nickled and dimed by the resort: $10/day for Internet is a great example. One of their golf courses is about 40 minutes away (they keep that fact fairly well hidden) and they charge you and arm and a leg for a shuttle to their own property! Luckily we had a rental car.

We have stayed at several outstanding resorts over the years and Barton Creek is nowhere near them in service and value.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
jfcwalsh, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2010

The resort appreciated our guests patience recently during a temporary plumbing situation in one of our guestroom towers. Fortunately we were able to offer an alternative, during the afternoon that this occured, in our Spa. The 8212 Wine Bar & Grill offers a selection of thirty one wines by the glass and is ever changing. I was disappointed that these very nice guests were seated during a very large party who were also enjoying the resort at the same time. We can certainly manage this better in the future.