The resort is on the opposite side of town from downtown. The shuttle picked me up from the airport and it took about 30-40min (little traffic) to get from the airport to the resort. The shuttle leaves the resort on an hourly basis, so rides back to the airport are easy.
Both rooms I received were very comfortable with 2 full size beds. I say both rooms because I had to switch out of my first room due to construction noise, but the front desk happily accommodated my request. Again both rooms had large flat screen tv's. The bathroom is set up with a regular bathtub (not garden size) and an extra sink outside the actual bath room. Amenities in the bathroom were "custom made" for Barton Creek -- though they used to have the Bath and Body line here. The resort provides two robes per room.
Fitness center is very well equipped as it serves as the gym for country club members. There are 8 treadmills and 8 ellipticals plus a 2 full sets of free weights and also weight machines. There is a large aerobics room. When I looked at the class schedule, it seemed that most of the classes were yoga/pilates and spinning.
Spa is very high quality, clean and relaxing. The nail services I received are very good.
Room Service did not start until 6:30am which is a little late compared to most of hotels where I stay. Small pot of coffee is $6, 2 pieces of toast: $4, Two eggs anystyle (including potatoes, bacon/sausage, and toast): $14. I'd say food is above average for room service.
The bar downstairs, Barton's, is lively and open. There is a pool table and shuffleboard and plenty of space for a large party. There is a small patio outside where the men gathered and smoked cigars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the stunning Hill Country that embraces our luxury resort hotel, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is revered for its distinctive blend of peaceful beauty and gracious warmth. From the very moment you arrive, the natural ambiance of the landscape and our welcoming staff will invite you to unwind and immerse yourself in a unique collection of desirable amenities.Framed within 4,000 secluded acres of rolling hills of Austin, Texas, you’ll be pleased to discover our full-service Three Springs Spa, four spectacular championship golf courses, award-winning conference and meeting facilities, four extraordinary dining options, numerous recreational activities and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barton Creek Hotel Austin
- Barton Creek Resort And Spa
- Barton Creek Resort Club