I have stayed here many times, and I just love it! Beautiful, space, with two dining rooms, a bar/lounge, corporate meeting spaces, a cozy nook with a fireplace, mini libraries on all the floors, for guests to borrow a book, live music on the week-ends, lot's of exploring (place is huge and feels like a ship!), shops, a spa, beauty salon, tennis courts, gorgeous outdoor pool with golf course/hills vistas, and food/drink service at pool with delicious food, jacuzzi with waterfall, and a fireplace, for cool nights, amazing golf course, amazing views, friendly, professional, helpful staff, a great gym with an indoor pool, fabulous, well appointed locker rooms with an indoor jacuzzi (in case of inclement weather), and nice rooms, with comfortable beds, big flat screen TV's good internet etc. Also, honestly, the nicest, most beautiful, elegant, cozy, yet flattering bath robes in the rooms I have ever seen anywhere! Why aren't they for sale?!
My only negatives, were the CFL light bulbs, which I can't stand, and have been shown to be unhealthy, as well as giving off a hideous light, (I basically sat in the dusk or complete dark most of the time, just to avoid using them), the little creamers (also unhealthy - should be just pure dairy) - no green tea available in the spa - a staple for most, these days, and the healthiest tea, and for me- I missed my BBC TV and ABC family channels. But there's so much to do there, watching TV not a priority! Again, the positives- the new Chef is a marvel! The food is fabulous! The crab appetizer in the room service menu and the Carnitas quesedilla were incredible! As were my breakfasts! Also, everywhere you go in the hotel, they seem to be offering cool, flavored, and beautifully presented- water! Watermellon, cucumber... I don't know what else. this is an older hotel, with a wonderful history, and photos all over (again, like exploring a ship!) - of local Texas history, famous people - (actors, Presdients!), who have visited the hotel, and elegant hallways, corridors, stairways to wander - as well as outdoor paths, and some dining seating outside, for those that want this. I've also been here at Christmas, and the place is gorgeous! With a skating rink, and a a whole room devoted to incredibly beautiful Christmas trees, which can also be ordered and delivered! The children all seem to love this place too, naturally. So it has all the amenities for us grown-ups, but plenty to keep the kids happy and occupied. Very cheerful and family friendly, but the kids never overwhelm the enjoyment of the adults. Plenty of room for all. They also shave an airport shuttle, for a fee, and the shuttle can also be requested to take you to nearby places in Austin. I just love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the stunning Hill Country that embraces our luxury resort hotel, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is revered for its distinctive blend of peaceful beauty and gracious warmth. From the very moment you arrive, the natural ambiance of the landscape and our welcoming staff will invite you to unwind and immerse yourself in a unique collection of desirable amenities.Framed within 4,000 secluded acres of rolling hills of Austin, Texas, you’ll be pleased to discover our full-service Three Springs Spa, four spectacular championship golf courses, award-winning conference and meeting facilities, four extraordinary dining options, numerous recreational activities and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barton Creek Hotel Austin
- Barton Creek Resort And Spa
- Barton Creek Resort Club