“Nice Resort..but being ripped of is not fun”

Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Ranked #46 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Mason, United States
“Nice Resort..but being ripped of is not fun”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Very nice resort if you are happy to pay a 21% service charge and $9-00 for a bottle of Fiji Water. (This is Texas and a gallon of Gas costs less than $3.50 water from this Hotel per gallon is $34.20)

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent experience at Omni Barton Creek. Our sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory stay with us. Your review has been passed along to our director of rooms. We are in the process of switching all in room water bottles to Nestle Pure Life and offering a more cost effective option to our guests. While our feedback is generally positive, we hope to have an opportunity to win back your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Arlington, United States
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Very nice, comfortable room and entire staff was very friendly. The atmosphere is very relaxing even though staff is attentive to guests' needs. The valet staff was especially helpful and genuinely friendly without being pushy.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort amenities and excellent service by our team members. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Naperville, Illinois, USA
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Our company had a sales meeting here. We filled the Forum Amphitheater with people from around the world. It was nice to meet work associates in person that we normally only talk to on the phone. The resort facilities were well matched to our needs, and from a personal perspective it was a nice place to visit. It would be nice to come back some day, but for a resort/spa vacation and not a multi-day business meeting.

The resort is about a 25 minute drive from the Austin airport. It's out in the hill country formally outside of the city limits (and a long drive from the downtown music scene). I think that was a good thing for our group; it kept us focused on our meetings.

I arrived close to midnight the evening before our meetings. The resort had a bus waiting for us at the airport hotel shuttle stand. That worked out fine. When I checked in, I was pleased to hear that I was "upgraded" to a villa room. This was sort of good, but the bad part was the villa was about a mile away and I had to load backup onto the shuttle bus and get a ride to my villa. The nice driver thanked me for not trying to walk to the villa, the roads were dark and the walk had lots of turns (he was afraid I'd get lost!).

My room was enormous. 2 queen beds, flat-screen TV, mini bar, and a balcony view of the golf course. The bathroom was bigger than the bedroom with all the fancy extras that you'd expect to find in a posh master bath. The walk-in closet was bigger than any of my closets at home. This was all OK, but there really wasn't a good work-space -- this annoyed me a little. Also, the room was stuffy -- there was no thermostat (that I could find) in the room. At night I opened the door to the balcony to get some air. This wasn't bad, it just wasn't setup for business travelers.

I arranged to have a courtesy van take me back to the main ground for my meetings in the morning; our friendly driver was on time. The hotel did a great job catering our breakfast, breaks, lunch and after-meeting events. This worked really well. Our WIFI and mobile phone reception was good. The hotel staff was eager to please.

I am a golf player and fan. This is a beautiful golf resort. Too bad I didn't get a chance to play. The main building had lots of pictures of famous golfers, celebrities and presidents who have played golf here. At my local indoor golf simulator (Bogies Indoor Golf), I played the Barton Creek's Fazio Canyons course. Someday I'll be back to Barton Creek to play the course for real.

Room Tip: VIllas are nice but very far away from the main building. If you are in a group, best to all stay i...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback about your recent stay with us. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort amenities and excellent service by our team members. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Austin, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2014

this place was awesome. everything was great! Elizabeth at the spa was so nice. Stephen the boot camp instructor was very helpful and detailed. I experienced Yoga on my stay instructor was very nice. breakfast was the bomb! Justin and his from desk team were great. they even let me borrow a cell phone charger bcuz i forgot mine at home in Houston!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Novi, Michigan
Reviewed February 27, 2014

A short three day visit was enough time to enjoy this fine resort with wonderfully attentive and friendly staff. A free half hour shuttle from the airport was a good start to my conference stay. Main restaurants were great and reasonably priced, with a fun bar to boot.

Conference hosting was top notch - great facilities and service.

Golf courses, pools (outdoor and inside), fitness center and tennis courts were all nice and well maintained. A friend golfed 72 holes before our arrival - an avid golfer who's only complaint was that a couple of the holes were wicked.

Great stay - would recommend to any groups looking for a meeting or conference, or individuals looking for a getaway. Well done!!

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The place where Barton Creek Resort is placed is one of the nicest you may find. This was my second visit to BCR. I visited this hotel some years ago and it was great in all meanings. I expected to receive the same value and service in this visit. Unfortunately this time it showed poor maintenance and loose management signs, probably lack of general maintenance investment.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent experience at Omni Barton Creek. Our sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory stay with us. While our feedback is generally positive, we hope to have an opportunity to win back your business.
Brenham, Texas
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Spent a nice quiet weekend recently at Barton Creek. We splurged and booked a two bedroom Fazio Suite. It was truly a beautiful room, super spacious. The views are beautiful and I thought all of the staff were very helpful and friendly. There were a couple of minors things that kept things from being perfect. There are 3 bathrooms in the suite and 2 of the showers had poor water pressure and I kept jumping from one to the other for a nice hot shower. Also of note, if you are a light sleeper, try to avoid the top floor (7th). Even though you are not by the elevator, I guess the cables must run above the ceiling. So, starting around 6:00 am, you can hear the elevators moving and stopping. Not a big deal, but something to think about when booking next time. Overall, a positive experience at a nice price.

Stayed February 2014
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
#5 of 203 in Austin
Archer Hotel Austin
#2 of 203 in Austin
The Driskill
#28 of 203 in Austin
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!