“My Experience”

Ranked #45 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Lancaster, United States
“My Experience”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I drove in the ice and sleet to get to the hotel. I would do it again. The overall experience and service is unspeakable. You have to go and experience for yourself to truly understand my reasoning. I won't be a stranger. I honestly did not want to leave.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort amenities and excellent service by our team members. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I came here for a business meeting but wish I had come for a personal vacation. The property is gorgeous and all decorated for Christmas. They had carollers in the lobby in the evenings and they have ice skating rink. Looks like the families were having a great time despite the cold weather here in Austin. I will definitely come back when the weather is warmer for a vacation.

They have a really nice workout facility with an indoor running track (which was great due to the really cold weather here the week I was here), an indoor pool and really nice equipment.

Room Tip: I was not in the close tower so it was a bit of a walk from the lobby to my room which was closer to...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Very proactive, pleasant staff. People seem to enjoy working here. Attended a 3 day conference. Well organized. Food was very good. Although the hotel has been around a while ( I had stayed here a couple of times years ago), it is very well maintained. The bed was comfortable. Cable service was a little erratic as channels disappeared at times. Pleasant stay. When they update the facilities, I might rate 5 stars.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

It's a great resort for golfing, spa and some pool time. We went during the summer and the kids enjoyed small hikes in the area and swimming. It's a good option if you're wishing to stay for a weekend in the resort. It's far from other areas though, so sightseeing around Austin would require some driving. And if you wish to eat something different, it's quite a drive as well.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your gracious feedback on all aspects of your recent visit to the resort. We appreciated the feedback on the areas that were enjoyed along with the items noted for improvement. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to invite you to contact me directly at james.walsh@omnihotels.com to discuss further.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Well, this was one of the more interesting hotel stays I have had. I checked in around 7pm and was given a room on the second floor. I decided to visit the pool which was kind of gross. I know Texas likes their bugs but this was an indoor pool and I easily found 10 large dead bugs in the pool. After the pool, I went back to my room and first noticed the Christmas music. I thought as it got later, the music might be turned off but nope. It was on all night. I remember waking up at around 2am and still hearing the music.

The next night I was glad that the music was off but then at 10pm the alarm in the room next to me starts going off. At 1am I called to get someone to turn it off and they were prompt about turning it off once I found someone to answer the phone. Front desk and housekeeping both went to voice mail.

The overall feel of the resort is dated and needs a refresh. The toilets are strange and the handles get stuck. There are also no power outlets by the bed.... not even ones you can steam from the light. This is just crazy to me in this day and age. The beds are comfortable though.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to provide a candid review of your stay. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to invite you to contact me directly at james.walsh@omnihotels.com to discuss further. Again, thank you for staying at Omni Barton Creek and I hope we'll have the opportunity to make things right and win back your business.
san diego ca
Reviewed December 6, 2013

It was thanksgiving and we wanted to go someplace nice. The price of the dinner was reasonable and the pictures looked nice. We arrive and were promptly herded into one of the two very large dining rooms, and were seated right in front of the desert table, the food was in the other room.
For a holiday there was very little decoration, the food was average and the potatoes were cold. It was terribly noisy and by the end of the meal we were wishing we were back in California. . This is the very surprise thing. I have heard of paying a food service charge, usually for large parties. i consider my self a generous tipper. I understand someone needs to serve me on a holiday. I am an average 15 and 20 percent if the service is excellent. But I can tell you my server did not have to work hard with us, not as hard as the larger 10 to 15 people table, so i was blown away when the service charge was almost 25% of my bill. I certainly didN'T know I was paying for all the large groups of service. Here's the funny thing , they tell you about it as they put the bill down after you have eaten. I am not one for making a scene. I just won't ever go back, even if some one else is paying and I wouldn't suggest that any one should go there. I guess i just should have cooked.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Wonderful experience over Thanksgiving this year. The staff here is very warm and helpful and the grounds are just lovely. Views from the rooms in the Tower are beautiful in any direction.

While I'll admit it might not be the taste of every visitor, I loved that the hotel is a slightly crazy mix of corridors and stairs. It made it see more intimate and less like a Vegas resort. Yes, I got lost quite a few times the first day....but that's how I found interesting places. I enjoyed the exploration. They have great activities to keep children happy and I generally just liked the feel that we could treat the place like we were at home. I truly felt comfortable, whether we were taking drinks out to the lanai to watch kids run around on the lawn or lounging in a side lobby while my husband satisfied his urge to play the piano (Steinway's around many corners.)

We also did the breakfast buffet each morning and it was truly fantastic. Great options and warm service with live music to accompany. Wonderful start to each day.

My small nit pick would be the rooms and specifically the bed's comfort. The toilet in our room had no cover over the toilet bowl. Without much counter space, I felt constantly in fear that I was going to drop something into the bowl. A lid would have been nice. Second, our king size bed was an enigma to me. One, it was lumpy, and two it was incredibly short. We are tall people (5'11" and 6'5") and have a king bed at home off which our feet do not hang. While this was labelled a "King" I really have no idea what it was, but my feet hanging off the end was definitely distracting. A California King is actually longer than a regular King so I just don't know.

But this was a small inconvenience for a wonderful trip and great memories of our weekend spent at Barton Creek. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
#7 of 203 in Austin
Archer Hotel Austin
#3 of 203 in Austin
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park
The Driskill
#27 of 203 in Austin

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!