Wonderful experience over Thanksgiving this year. The staff here is very warm and helpful and the grounds are just lovely. Views from the rooms in the Tower are beautiful in any direction.
While I'll admit it might not be the taste of every visitor, I loved that the hotel is a slightly crazy mix of corridors and stairs. It made it see more intimate and less like a Vegas resort. Yes, I got lost quite a few times the first day....but that's how I found interesting places. I enjoyed the exploration. They have great activities to keep children happy and I generally just liked the feel that we could treat the place like we were at home. I truly felt comfortable, whether we were taking drinks out to the lanai to watch kids run around on the lawn or lounging in a side lobby while my husband satisfied his urge to play the piano (Steinway's around many corners.)
We also did the breakfast buffet each morning and it was truly fantastic. Great options and warm service with live music to accompany. Wonderful start to each day.
My small nit pick would be the rooms and specifically the bed's comfort. The toilet in our room had no cover over the toilet bowl. Without much counter space, I felt constantly in fear that I was going to drop something into the bowl. A lid would have been nice. Second, our king size bed was an enigma to me. One, it was lumpy, and two it was incredibly short. We are tall people (5'11" and 6'5") and have a king bed at home off which our feet do not hang. While this was labelled a "King" I really have no idea what it was, but my feet hanging off the end was definitely distracting. A California King is actually longer than a regular King so I just don't know.
But this was a small inconvenience for a wonderful trip and great memories of our weekend spent at Barton Creek. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the stunning Hill Country that embraces our luxury resort hotel, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is revered for its distinctive blend of peaceful beauty and gracious warmth. From the very moment you arrive, the natural ambiance of the landscape and our welcoming staff will invite you to unwind and immerse yourself in a unique collection of desirable amenities.Framed within 4,000 secluded acres of rolling hills of Austin, Texas, you’ll be pleased to discover our full-service Three Springs Spa, four spectacular championship golf courses, award-winning conference and meeting facilities, four extraordinary dining options, numerous recreational activities and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barton Creek Hotel Austin
- Barton Creek Resort And Spa
- Barton Creek Resort Club