“Great Service and Beautiful Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa

Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Ranked #48 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“Great Service and Beautiful Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Wonderful experience over Thanksgiving this year. The staff here is very warm and helpful and the grounds are just lovely. Views from the rooms in the Tower are beautiful in any direction.

While I'll admit it might not be the taste of every visitor, I loved that the hotel is a slightly crazy mix of corridors and stairs. It made it see more intimate and less like a Vegas resort. Yes, I got lost quite a few times the first day....but that's how I found interesting places. I enjoyed the exploration. They have great activities to keep children happy and I generally just liked the feel that we could treat the place like we were at home. I truly felt comfortable, whether we were taking drinks out to the lanai to watch kids run around on the lawn or lounging in a side lobby while my husband satisfied his urge to play the piano (Steinway's around many corners.)

We also did the breakfast buffet each morning and it was truly fantastic. Great options and warm service with live music to accompany. Wonderful start to each day.

My small nit pick would be the rooms and specifically the bed's comfort. The toilet in our room had no cover over the toilet bowl. Without much counter space, I felt constantly in fear that I was going to drop something into the bowl. A lid would have been nice. Second, our king size bed was an enigma to me. One, it was lumpy, and two it was incredibly short. We are tall people (5'11" and 6'5") and have a king bed at home off which our feet do not hang. While this was labelled a "King" I really have no idea what it was, but my feet hanging off the end was definitely distracting. A California King is actually longer than a regular King so I just don't know.

But this was a small inconvenience for a wonderful trip and great memories of our weekend spent at Barton Creek. We will be back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for your gracious feedback on all aspects of your recent visit to the resort. We appreciated the feedback on the areas that were enjoyed along with the items noted for improvement. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to invite you to contact me directly at james.walsh@omnihotels.com to discuss further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I wanted a relaxing weekend but didn't have enough time to drive very far so we stayed in town and booked a room at Barton Creek for the weekend. It was exactly what we needed. Comfortable beds, nice views, great breakfast buffet, relaxing day at the spa. The unexpected bonus was getting some of our Christmas shopping done at the boutiques in the hotel.

My wife and I had both been at the resort before for meetings, golf outings and brunch, but this was our first time staying here. Glad we decided to stay in town rather than hit the road for this relaxing weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort amenities and excellent service by our team members. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I love this resort, it is very comfortable and well maintened. With high quality golf, spa and food and beverage you can really relax and have a renewing experience. In room dining is fantastic with excellent menu choicew with timely and very friendly service. Rooms were very comfortable and well appointed. This is a first class facilty that I would definetly recommend.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Never seen a staff at all levels that was more friendly and helpful. The staff worked as a well trained team and seemed to anticipate every move. It was indeed a pleasure to be there. The golf experience on the Canyons was great and the pace was close to regulation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I'm a huge fan of the Omni properties and this recent addition to their portfolio is no exception. Nestled in the middle of acres of golf courses and walkways, it's an extremely relaxing place to spend a night or two and completely switch off from real life. The spa is excellent, and the fitness center is the best I've ever come across in a hotel (something like 11,000 square feet in size) and there are plenty of activities on site to lose yourself. The rooms are spacious and well appointed with comfortable beds and all the amenities. As usual, the excellent Select Guest program provides for complimentary wifi, morning beverages, shirt pressing and other welcome extras. My only minor gripe would be that the food in their casual lounge is a little lackluster and the Starbucks cafe really needs some updating on the food offerings. Still, these small points aside, I could happily spend all day in one of pools or just walking around this tranquil little spot. I'm looking forward to seeing more Omni updates in the hotel but so far so good and I can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a hill country view for a great sunrise in the morning.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

The facilities and the staff and the food service are all excellent. The experience for our family of 14 was like a cruise without the added expense of the ship. There were activities that evary member of the family, withour regard to age, could enjoy.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

A friend made a reservation on our behalf for a weekend to catch up in Austin. This hotel was a compromise as the hotels in the inner city were far more expensive and were not as conducive to families. It is a little way out from the city centre, but it was easy to access the city taking only about 20 minutes and after a busy day of sightseeing it was lovely to retreat the the country club style location. Check-in was very quick and efficient the concierge was extremely friendly and helpful, for example, being willing to call live music venues on our behalf to find out what was on that night. The rooms were fairly standard, but of a high quality. The beds were really comfortable and the bathrooms well set out and spacious. The hotel was very quiet. We used the hotel health club and pool, which were excellent. We also used the bar, where the waitress was very friendly and attentive. One night there were two weddings in the resort, so the bar was very busy, but service remained good. The hotel breakfasts were a highlight, one of the best hotel buffet breakfasts I have experienced. If you are thinking about staying here, make sure you get a package which includes breakfast, it was SO good. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
On a final note, a couple of days after we checked out I still had a 'hold' on funds on my credit card, as the card I used to check in had problems when I went to check out, so I paid on a different card. In order to sort this out between to hotel and my bank I called the hotel's accounting department. The staff there were extremely helpful, and corresponded directly with my bank to resolve the problem. I was very appreciative of their assistance.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
#7 of 197 in Austin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,129 reviews
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!