“An Amazing Wedding Experience”

Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Ranked #45 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Seattle
“An Amazing Wedding Experience”
Reviewed August 1, 2008

I recently got married at Barton Creek Resort. The majority of our guests stayed at the resort for a long weekend, being that none of my family lives in TX. I could not have been happier with the service. The resort took great care of my husband and I, and all of our family and friends. We couldn't have picked a better place to have our wedding. Not only is the resort's grounds breathtaking, but Kristin (the resort's wedding planner) did an amazing job! She truly gave me the wedding of my dreams. She paid such great attention to every last detail. After a few meetings she understood my taste and the style I was going for, and she made it all happen. My wedding day was tons of fun, stress-free, and smooth sailing. The bridal party was catered to all day long, making it possible for my husband and I to enjoy the day. All our guests liked their rooms, loved the food, and enjoyed hanging out at the pool. Some of my friends, family, and I frequented the spa and I was very impressed with the service. I travel often and am always trying out the spas at different resorts. This resort is great, and I would tell any engaged couple that Kristin provides the ultimate wedding experience.

• Liked — The wedding planner
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank lilcatSeattle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Dallas
Reviewed July 30, 2008

We got married at Barton Creek Resort in May and everything was wonderful. The accomodations were great, the food was amazing. All of our guests went on and on about what a wonderful time they had. Barton Creek also prepared our wedding cake and it was the best cake I have ever had! I could not have asked for a better experience. And the staff was terrific.

• Liked — Scenery
  • Disliked — Rooms are far from the front desk
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Acupuncture
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I recently had my wedding at Barton Creek Resort...and this small white review box isn't large enough for me to express what an amazing experience I had!!! Originally, my fiance and I had a difficult time trying to decide where we wanted our reception to be held. When Kristin Arntson (Dir. of Catering) personally followed up with us a week after our visit, she assured me that me that having my wedding at Barton Creek would be the best decision I could make. She was definitely right!! Her guidance and assistance throughout the whole process was priceless. I trusted her opinions and never felt as if she was trying to "sell" me any additional services that BCR offered. With all of the amenities, dining, and amazing hill country views that the resort had to offer, I began to feel like I was having a destination wedding just 20 minutes away from where I live!

When the day of the wedding came, Kristin assured my mother and I that we didnt have to worry about a thing. She took care of all the set-up and organization so that we could just enjoy the day. The food, the service, and the execution of the entire event was definite perfection! My guests still rave about what a spectacular time they had the entire time at the resort. They said it was more like a weekend getaway for them...which was exactly what I wanted. Everyone spent the following day laying around the pool and golfing.

I couldn't have imagined a more perfect place to marry the most perfect man. I only wish I could've spent more time as a "spectator" rather than the busy bride! ;-)

• Liked — Service and food!
  • Disliked — I didn't get to stay long enough!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank HSsweethearts
Dallas
Reviewed July 29, 2008

My husband and I were married in Austin on June 7th, and we had our reception at Barton Creek. They went above and beyond all of my expectations. I could not have been happier. Kristen is so easy to work with, and she makes everything very stress free for the wedding party and guests. I actually joked with her on my wedding day that she should throw on a bridesmaids dress because we had become such great friends!
The cocktail hour was in the Atrium, and the reception was in the Darrell Royal Ballroom. Both were outstanding and beautifully decorated with exactly what we had asked for. My husband and I were not in the Atrium for the cocktail hour because we were in a separate room being pampered and fed. It was so nice to have that time to relax in between the ceremony and the reception. Kristen had our favorite drinks and food waiting for us. I would have been exhausted by the end of the night without this down time, so I would definitely recommend it.
The cakes were not something that I thought would be very important to myself or my husband, but we were blown away when we saw the cakes that BCCC made for us. I emailed Kristen a picture of a wedding cake that I liked, and picture of the SMU Mustang logo for the grooms cake. They did both exactly like the pictures I sent, and they were wonderful.
I could go on and on about how smoothly our wedding events at Barton Creek went. My suite was huge and perfect for having my bridesmaids and family with me during my "getting ready time." All of our guests have commented about how much they loved everything about our wedding weekend (95% of the 200+ guests stayed at the resort because we do not live in Austin), and I have heard many guests comment that they plan to return to Barton Creek for a weekend getaway very soon!
I hope this review helps anyone who is considering having a wedding reception at this resort!

• Stayed June 2008
1 Thank katfullam
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2008

I stayed at Barton Creek on business on a Wednesday and Thursday night in one of the rooms that has been renovated. The room was very nicely decorated, nicely furnished, and was clean. My husband joined me Friday night and I was able to book a room at a lower rate, and this room had not been renovated yet. The bed sagged in the middle, the carpet and bathroom tile needed replacing, the shower head just about ripped my skin off, the TV was old (renovated room had a flat screen) and the toilet ran periodically throughout the night. The maid did not seem to pay as much attention to this room as the maid for the renovated room did. Otherwise, I was impressed with the property. It is nicely landscaped and has scenic Hill Country views. The fitness facilities are much larger than your typical hotel fitness facility (separate cardio and weight rooms as well as an indoor lap pool). I only ate one breakfast at the property but thoroughly enjoyed my meal. I will stay here again if I can assure that I get a renovated room. I'm debating between a 3-star rating and 4-star rating due to the difference in rooms, but I'm settling on the 4-star due to the rest of the resort.

• Liked — Renovated room, Hill Country views
  • Disliked — Non-renovated room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Illinois
Reviewed July 15, 2008

We recently stayed a few days at Barton Creek Resort and Spa and had a wonderful stay. The accommodations were beautiful and the staff was outstanding! They have great amenities and staying there for special events, weddings, anniversaries, etc. or especially a "surprise getaway" would be fantastic. We also learned about their ability to accommodate business conferences so we'll be pursuing that for the future too. Barton Creek....Thank you for your hospitality...we'll be back!

• Liked — The staff and beauty of the surroundings.
  • Disliked — Our stay wasn't long enough!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank LadyPilot06
Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2008

My husband and I went to Barton Creek for a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary. I can not say enough wonderful things about this resort!

The staff was friendly, outgoing, and more than accomodating! The hotel has undergone recent renovation and it shows! There is a new lobby bar that was lots of fun, beautiful pool area, and FANTASTIC views!

The rooms were spacious, clean, and nicely appointed. The bathroom had a sink with beautiful granite countertops right outside of the bathroom, across from the closet. The main bathroom with the shower/tub had another sink as well. The room had a huge flat panel tv and wonderful sheets!

I will say that housekeeping was a little slow and most days our room was not made up until 3:00. This really didn't bother us at all though. I am certain that if we had called the front desk and requested earlier housekeeping, they probably would have accomodated that request.

The spa facilities have just been completely redone and it was fabulous!

We never ate any of the food on the property. We prefered to eat at some of our favorite Austin spots. It is true that there are not a lot of restuarants right near the hotel, but a 10-15 minute drive is really not that bad. There was a great restaurant VERY close to the hotel called "The Grove". It was a fun wine/pizza/Italian spot.

My husband played golf and said the course was beautiful and very well maintained. There were coolers of bottled water spread out all over the course.

Overall, it was a fabulous stay! As we drove away this morning we said that we will definitely be staying there again!

• Liked — Beautiful scenery in the hills of Austin
  • Disliked — The layout of the resort was very spread out and could be confusing/ difficult to navigate at times
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hothouseplant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
#7 of 203 in Austin
Archer Hotel Austin
#2 of 203 in Austin
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park
W Austin
#18 of 203 in Austin

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!