I have mixed feelings about our stay here. There are many things to recommend Barton Creek (recently acquired by Omni), while at the same time it is in need of some refurbishment and improvement. It is probably best to stay here if you want to play golf (beautifully maintained), experience the spa, or want something more quiet than downtown Austin. Do not stay here if you expect a more lively, centrally located place.
The grounds are huge with the facility and amenities quite spread out. You need to allow time to walk to the main lobby area from most rooms and then additional time to get to the self park area which is a rather dark walk at night. While we were there not all of the elevators were properly working (with one being repaired the entire 3 days), and this added to the time to get from our room to other places. Parking is expensive, especially given the self park location; and one really needs a car when staying here, if you want to explore the surrounding area, dine elsewhere, or drive to Lake Travis. The spa location is a bit of a trek from the lobby area and is a bit confusing being located on several levels needing to register and pay in the spa shop instead of in the actual therapy space.
Our room was comfortable tho in need of an update. You'll need to pay more if you want a decent view, as our standard room overlooked another building and driveway area. TV selection could be expanded. The room was clean and quiet.
One of the best deals was the buffet breakfast with its quality of food and numerous choices! We couldn't believe the bounty for $10 that was added to our room rate. I also recommend the spa services as the therapists were top notch. We had fun playing miniature golf with putting green.
Staff for the most part was helpful and personable. The dining room personnel were extremely pleasant and attentive. We did have difficulty with the clock radio for which we had called for assistance. The property engineer was supposed to swap it out the next day but did not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the stunning Hill Country that embraces our luxury resort hotel, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is revered for its distinctive blend of peaceful beauty and gracious warmth. From the very moment you arrive, the natural ambiance of the landscape and our welcoming staff will invite you to unwind and immerse yourself in a unique collection of desirable amenities.Framed within 4,000 secluded acres of rolling hills of Austin, Texas, you’ll be pleased to discover our full-service Three Springs Spa, four spectacular championship golf courses, award-winning conference and meeting facilities, four extraordinary dining options, numerous recreational activities and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone and Jetsetter so you can book your Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barton Creek Hotel Austin
- Barton Creek Resort And Spa
- Barton Creek Resort Club