Barton Creek is a beautiful resort and the grounds and facilities are amazing. Tucked into the scenic countryside in the Austin area. I was there for three days for a business meeting. The food was good but on par for convention food, nothing special. The meeting rooms and common areas were very nice. The resort is somewhat confusing to get around but fortunately the hotel staff was more than accommodating when asked for directions!
I only gave the resort an average rating primarily because the rooms were really not up to par. My room was beautifully appointed and spacious. I was on the 5th floor and looked out over the golf course and pool. It was a lovely view. On the down side, my TV did not work. I had to make two calls to housekeeping before they sent someone up to fix it. After jiggling a computer chip in the back he got the TV to come on. He said that the TV's were older and needed to be replaced...after that, the tv only worked sporadically....the remote didn't work at all.
The bed was also old and needed to be replaced. They placed a pillow top over the mattress to try to help, but really, they just needed to replace the mattress. The resort should also invest in fitted sheets for the beds as well!!!
Finally, housekeeping left a little to be desired. The second day I was there I went up to my room around noon and they were cleaning the room next door. When I returned to my room around 5pm it still hadn't been cleaned. Again...two calls to housekeeping before anyone showed up. Just an FYI....they don't replace the ceramic coffee cups, they just rinse them in the sink! (ick)
These are all things that can easily be remedies by management. I would go back to Barton Creek but overall I was a little disappointed by the lack of attention to details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the stunning Hill Country that embraces our luxury resort hotel, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is revered for its distinctive blend of peaceful beauty and gracious warmth. From the very moment you arrive, the natural ambiance of the landscape and our welcoming staff will invite you to unwind and immerse yourself in a unique collection of desirable amenities.Framed within 4,000 secluded acres of rolling hills of Austin, Texas, you’ll be pleased to discover our full-service Three Springs Spa, four spectacular championship golf courses, award-winning conference and meeting facilities, four extraordinary dining options, numerous recreational activities and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barton Creek Hotel Austin
- Barton Creek Resort And Spa
- Barton Creek Resort Club