“Great Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Ranked #48 of 199 Hotels in Austin
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We went there for the first time for a quick weekend getaway. The resort is located away from downtown Austin. The views are amazing. They definitely cater to conferences and weddings. Both were taking place while we were there so the hotel was crowded, but amazingly it was quiet in our room. The hotel is showing it's age. The carpet needs to be replaced and the baseboards and doors need to be repainted. The bathroom and bedroom is decorated Texas chic and the room is a good size. I loved the bath products. I'm very picky and don't normally use hotel shampoo, conditioner or lotions, but I loved their bath products. It's from their three springs spa. We had the breakfast package so we got to have the breakfast buffet each morning. I would definitely recommend the buffet. The selection was wonderful and there was also an omelet
station. I have to comment that the staff at the hotel worked very hard. We never saw a worker just standing around. The servers at the pool was constantly working and picking up towels and empty cups. The pool was packed not a single chair empty, but they had plenty of servers to take care of everyone I got a deep tissue massage at the spa. Which was wonderful. My husband played golf and loved it. We will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank 3seasonedtravelers
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort amenities and excellent service by our team members. I have personally passed along your glowing comments to our Director of Operations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Malaga, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We spent 4 nights there while attending a conference for work.

The food that was provided during the conference was excellent.

At the check in you felt like you were a bit in a factory, part of the process, I guess with the place being so big it is bound to be like that.

Grounds were nice and there is free parking.

Steam room did not smell good, and there is no hose to clean of the benches before you sit down. As always in the US separate male and female which is a drag if you want to spend time with you better half. Fitness machines are was quite good.

Best part was the food, but this was all at diners as part of the conference, we did not use the restaurant other than at breakfast. Breakfast buffet was good.

Not much near by so unless you want to be there for the golf, which we do not do, you would need a car.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback! We're happy you enjoyed our Texas-Style cuisine. I have personally passed your note along to our Director of Catering and our team will be pleased to hear about your experience. We are always looking for new ways to maximize our guest experience, and input from recent guests like yourself proves to be invaluable.
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

The wife and I did a 'staycation' for a night to get away from our kids. We used Barton Creek through a promotion I was involved in. Built in the mid 1980's as a golf destination the main building is well maintained though showing a bit of aging. We stayed in the added tower, which makes getting around seem a bit like a labyrinth, but you'll get your bearings soon enough. The staff was super nice and you will see a lot of people who love golf. We were on the 8th floor and had a beautiful view of the hill country back towards downtown in a big spacy room. The breakfast buffet, although pricey is amazing.

My only negatives were valet parking is $25 a night, so if you self park the lot is down the block. They do have a shuttle. Fiji water is offered in your room for $9 a bottle. But the biggie was no high def in the room. Come on BCR, it's 2013! Oh and if you are from out of town, this is not close to the entertainment districts.

Room Tip: Go for the tower upgrade, the rooms are newer.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thanks for choosing us as your Austin 'staycation' destination! We're pleased you enjoyed our amenities, especially our Award Winning Four Diamond-rated Hill Country Dining Room. Your feedback is valuable as we continue to improve the Barton Creek Resort & Spa experience for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
kansas city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Return trip to this property for a 3 night stay. Check in was effortless. We were able to upgrade to 2 adjoining rooms for a reasonable price. Room and grounds were clean. Hotel had a number of appealing options for my young family e.g. free miniature golf, free weekend movies, family activity center, over-sized chess set at pool. Clientele was an interesting mix of a few families with young children, groups of men on golf outings, and affluent appearing older couples. As a result of trying to serve these very different groups of people our family felt out of place and uncomfortable at times. A 21 year and older pool would go a long way toward creating a more welcoming atmosphere for all guests. We may return, but will likely consider other locales first.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank father3KansasCity
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Barton Creek! I'm happy you enjoyed our resort amenities and family activities. We are always looking for new ways to maximize our guest experience, and input from recent guests like yourself proves to be invaluable. We hope to see you again soon!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was here for a conference in May. This resort is not very big. The front desk for check in is only 7 steps from front door, small pub, 1 fashion shop, 1 small mini convenient store etc. Basically our conference event booked up the whole place. The conference rooms were decent size. Wifi worked everywhere.

Love the buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner! Its really good and the steak was so tender. Some dishes may be too salty for my taste but overall the food was really good.

But you wont believe the condition of the crappy room I was given. Room 225. I think Room 227 is just as crappy as the guest asked for a change too.

I arrived close to midnight on Sat and was given a very LOUSY room 225. But as it was late so I didnt complain or ask for new room.

This room 225 was on the 2nd floor with a balcony. But the balcony has this 7 feet wall so practically you cannot see anything outside. When you do step on the balcony chair to look out beyond the balcony, you only see roof tops!

The bed was not comfortable, aircon was loud the whole night, the bedsheets cant even cover the mattress completely and behind the bed was an odd gap of space. No skirting of bedsheet for the mattress too! The bed was old and low. The ceiling of room was weird, office-like. Then I had to fight a big cockroach at 3am before I went back to dreamland. The room is really dim and I cant even take a proper picture. I wish I have taken a pic of the bed to show you what I mean.

It was the next morning I get to see other rooms as I walked along the corridoor and had a shock. Room 225 was totally different from others. When I asked front desk to change my room, no question asked. Martin at front desk got me a new room very fast. Prehaps they knew about room 225 too!

At my new room 341, I was finally able to relax and enjoy the resort feeling!

Room Tip: Do not agree to a 2nd floor unit. Who needs balcony with no view?
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to provide a candid review of your stay. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to invite you to contact me directly at james.walsh@bartoncreek.com to discuss further. Again, thank you for staying at Barton Creek and I hope we'll have the opportunity to make things right and win back your business.
Reston, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I made a reservation online and was given a "total price" for the stay. Fine. Then I get an email that states my "total price" may not include a 9% resort fee, or another 12% resort fee. And, in order to guarantee a king size bed, I have to pay and extra $75 for the guarantee. If not, I may be assigned two doubles. Of course they say they will do their best to get me a king bed, but ....
Too bad. This is a very nice hotel, spa and golf facility. Just beware of the potential problems. I'm going elsewhere where I know the total price and what kind of room I will get.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to provide a candid review of your stay. Our online booking engine does confirm rates with all taxes and services charges and rooms are priced by room type and view as well. We are happy to clarify that with our online engine and be sure there are no discrepancies. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to invite you to contact me directly at james.walsh@bartoncreek.com to discuss further.

Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Just spent four nights at Barton Creek for a company conference. The rooms were generous, with spacious bathrooms a king sized bed with pillow top matress a small sofa and a small work area. Internet was both wireless and by cable in the room. Wireless was available throughout the lobby and conference areas.

The pool was large and had three swimming lanes. Plenty of chairs were available and there is a pool bar/restaurant and a kiddie pool. Didn't see a hot tub, but there may have been one. The resort also featured several tennis courts and of course, four golf courses.

Conference facilities were what you would expect, but the hotel layout was a little odd. Conference rooms were scattered about and getting from one place to another usually required a lot of walking down corridors and making turns. The larger events were held in a separate pavillion just outside the back of the hotel. A/V facilities were excellent.

There were several restaurants and lounges. The Hill Country Dining Room is the largest and hosted most of our meals. Meals were buffet style and were excellent. Steaks were grilled to medium or medium rare perfection and were delicious and amazingly tender, especially for buffet style. On another night, Maine lobsters were served buffet style and were tasty as well. There is a wine bar and grill and a lounge/game room with pool and other games. Off the lobby is a small coffee bar with pastries, sandwiches and salads.

One afternoon included a golf outing. We played one of the Fazio courses. The course was challenging and well kept. The holes were beautiful among the hill country landscape. Several holes had running streams, stone waterfalls and other natural elements enhancing the beauty of the course. The only thing missing was marking on the holes. Normally the tee box will have a diagram of the hole displayed in some way, but we didn't see any signs with the hole descriptions.

Service was friendly and helpful. There were plenty of staff to help. The golf staff was great and the beverage carts were always close by.

The costs were all included by the company, so I didn't really experience the prices. However, if the price of a bottle of water in the room ($9) is any indication, I would say that it is very expensive.

Overall, it was a great place for our conference and I would highly recommend it for the avid golfer. Be prepared for high prices, but that should be expected at this kind of resort.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room for a good view of the Hill Country
1 Thank TonyTimeShare
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed one of our Fazio golf courses. Dallas Morning News recently awarded both courses as Texas' Most Beautiful 18. We are always looking for new ways to maximize our guest experience, and input from recent guests like yourself proves to be invaluable. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
#7 of 199 in Austin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,133 reviews
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!