I was here for a conference in May. This resort is not very big. The front desk for check in is only 7 steps from front door, small pub, 1 fashion shop, 1 small mini convenient store etc. Basically our conference event booked up the whole place. The conference rooms were decent size. Wifi worked everywhere.
Love the buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner! Its really good and the steak was so tender. Some dishes may be too salty for my taste but overall the food was really good.
But you wont believe the condition of the crappy room I was given. Room 225. I think Room 227 is just as crappy as the guest asked for a change too.
I arrived close to midnight on Sat and was given a very LOUSY room 225. But as it was late so I didnt complain or ask for new room.
This room 225 was on the 2nd floor with a balcony. But the balcony has this 7 feet wall so practically you cannot see anything outside. When you do step on the balcony chair to look out beyond the balcony, you only see roof tops!
The bed was not comfortable, aircon was loud the whole night, the bedsheets cant even cover the mattress completely and behind the bed was an odd gap of space. No skirting of bedsheet for the mattress too! The bed was old and low. The ceiling of room was weird, office-like. Then I had to fight a big cockroach at 3am before I went back to dreamland. The room is really dim and I cant even take a proper picture. I wish I have taken a pic of the bed to show you what I mean.
It was the next morning I get to see other rooms as I walked along the corridoor and had a shock. Room 225 was totally different from others. When I asked front desk to change my room, no question asked. Martin at front desk got me a new room very fast. Prehaps they knew about room 225 too!
At my new room 341, I was finally able to relax and enjoy the resort feeling!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the stunning Hill Country that embraces our luxury resort hotel, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is revered for its distinctive blend of peaceful beauty and gracious warmth. From the very moment you arrive, the natural ambiance of the landscape and our welcoming staff will invite you to unwind and immerse yourself in a unique collection of desirable amenities.Framed within 4,000 secluded acres of rolling hills of Austin, Texas, you’ll be pleased to discover our full-service Three Springs Spa, four spectacular championship golf courses, award-winning conference and meeting facilities, four extraordinary dining options, numerous recreational activities and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barton Creek Hotel Austin
- Barton Creek Resort And Spa
- Barton Creek Resort Club