“Cute, but needs updating”

Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Ranked #45 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Washington, DC
“Cute, but needs updating”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I realize most of get any here and someone else is paying, but this hotel needs some updating. As a business traveller I am easy to please - quiet room, comfortable bed, a place to charge my stuff. 2/3 ain't bad I guess. Seriously, I could only find one working outlet to charge my phone/computer/iPad, so I had to switch off. Also, the hot water in the shower took 10 minutes to come on. I realize its early, but really? Otherwise the property looks good and the food is average, but if it were up to me I would stay at a national chain . Now if cuteness is what your after, this might be the place or you...

• Stayed February 2013
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We apologize to this past guest for an unsatisfactory experience and appreciate the constructive feedback. While much of the guest feedback we receive is overwhelmingly positive, it is our goal to ensure all guest expectations are exceeded; this information will help us do just that moving forward.

I invite this guest to contact me directly at james.walsh@bartoncreek.com for further discussion.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just flew back from Austin TX. We stayed at the Barton Creek Resort. The resort grounds are very beautiful and we had a great view of the course from our room. The downside was there was little to no hot water in the shower and there was a bit of work taking place on the floor above us, which was rather loud. The customer service was excellent and everyone who works there is very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your hill country view! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Katy, Texas
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a conference last weekend. While he was busy in meetings, I just sat outside in a rocking chair and relaxed and read a book. It was heavenly! Such beautiful surroundings and so peaceful. If you are looking for a relaxing getaway with a view, this is your place. Even our room was awesome. The service was great, food was great. Not a bad thing to say. Stay here, you won't be sorry. :-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thanks for your glowing review of your stay with us! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our veranda and this gorgeous Texas weather we have had recently. Look forward to seeing you again soon.:)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Recently spent a few days at the Barton Creek Resort and Spa. While the overall experience was pleasant, it seems like the resort could use some updates to keep it as a top notch destination. The hallways, elevators and rooms could use a facelift. The health club is outstanding for those who want to maintain their routines while on the road. Played a round of golf on the Canyons Course. It was a good challenge, but make sure you give yourself plenty of time before your tee time as the course is about 2 miles from the resort and they need to shuttle you over to the course.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you were able to experience the Canyons golf course and enjoyed our fitness center. We continuously strive to make improvements to the property and have just begun renovations to our suites. Look forward to seeing you again soon!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 4, 2013

drove to austin from san antonio for a much needed retreat, and made reservations that morning before i departed. the resort reservation person was unbelievably helpful, and offered me a scenic room in the towers (i would definitely recommend) at a bit of savings. i booked a golf package, and the cost of this excellent room w view and the Fazio golfing was had at significant savings. included was a most excellent breakfast in the restaurant. upon arrival, the valet staff was prompt, courteous, friendly and totally welcoming. i knew at that instant that this was going to be a great experience. same attitude with the reception personnel. this is a resort that really stresses warm personal service, and i don't think this is forced. the people i had contact with seemed to just have receptive, helpful personalities. this is the kind of resort i LOVE visiting, as the total resort experience is important to me. the property itself is probably 25 years old, originally low rise, with an 8-9 story tower added. i stayed in the tower, wanting a view of the environs. room was definitely well appointed, clean neat and tastefully upscale. i had breakfast in the restaurant...excellent. my real purpose was golf, and brother the Fazio courses were the perfect solution for my needs. this was perhaps the best little mini vacation i've had in a while. i will definitely return with my family and with my golfing buddies!

Room Tip: higher tower rooms for best hill country view. unfortunately, the balconies were small, with no fur...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience with us! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback that I will surely share with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Cordova, Tennessee
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Was on business trip that had event at this resort. I guess if you came to play golf this would be outstanding but it was not for me.
First issue, stayed in house not hotel. It was a nice house but for three folks here on business it was not right environment
Second issue, house not ready till 5 pm. Should it ever really take this long to have a room
Restaurant: Very pricey, not much selection
Good, they were very responsive to my business needs associated with event. If everything else would have been this way it would be a 5

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide constructive feedback about your stay with us. I apologize your room was not prepared in a timely manner as our normal protocol is to have all rooms prepared prior to the quoted check in time, especially if an early check in was requested. We value each and every one of our guests and hope to have the opportunity to make a return visit with us right for you.

Please feel free to contact me directly at james.walsh@bartoncreek.com for further discussion.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I used this property for a business meeting that I planned. The conference facilities were fantastic and the hotel itself is very nice. The rooms were spacioius and quite comfortable. Room service was impecable and the food outstanding. The indoor pool was nice though could use a hot tub in that area and not just outside. The gym was great and loved that they had an indoor running track. The staff was delightful as well. Shopping was a bit too pricey. This would be a wonderful location for families to stay as they had many children's activities. They also have a spa but I was not able to utilize.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thanks for sharing such positive feedback with us! Our team is pleased to hear that you enjoyed our meetings and fitness facilities. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
#7 of 203 in Austin
Archer Hotel Austin
#2 of 203 in Austin
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park
W Austin
#18 of 203 in Austin

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!