“Awesome New Year's Eve!”

Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Ranked #55 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

My family and I spent our New Year's Eve here and it was wonderful! We had the most awesome buffet dinner and the kids even got to meet Disney's Sierra McCormick! Ice skating was fun too. You must try the breakfast buffet too (we had the Winter Wishes Family Pkg) which was included in our rate. Overall service was impressive and our room was big and very clean! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank mrc21
BartonCreekGM, Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thanks for sending in a glowing review of your experience with us this winter. We are please to hear that you enjoyed meeting Disney's Sierra McCormick and had some fun on the ice as well. Please feel free to share pictures from your stay at Barton Creek Resort on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bartoncreekresort or Tweet to us: @bartoncreekstay. See you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,187)

Reviewed January 7, 2013

It was a great experience! Every staff member we encountered was fabulous. The food at the 8212 Wine Bar and Grill was fantastic. The prices at lunch were not bad either. We were surprised that the prices were not outrageous. Breakfast in the Hill Country Dining Room was not my favorite. Go to their gym. This is not your typical hotel gym--it's huge. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the golf course. Mine had a great view!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
BartonCreekGM, Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

We appreciate your positive feedback regarding your stay with us! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Our staff will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed 8212 Wine Bar and Grill and the fitness center. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I needed a few days away from home.. and this was the perfect spot. He was able to play golf and I enjoyed the spa. We also ate all our meals on property and it as all good. The staff was fantastic and the view from our scenic balcony room was beautiful. We also got a great deal by spending enough money in the resort's boutiques to get us another two night stay! I will say it's a little more family friendly than this newly married couple would have liked, but in a few years it might be even more perfect. Also, we were given a two queen beds and there were no king bed rooms available for a move. Still.. I left Barton Creek more relaxed than I had been in MONTHS.

Room Tip: Chose the scenic view with odd numbers for a better view. Also, ask in advance for a king bed if yo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

We are thrilled to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay at Barton Creek. Thanks for taking the time to provide such positive feedback about your experience (and we agree we have great shopping in our boutiques!). Hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Growing up in Austin, the Barton Creek resort belonged to the elitist golf crowd that I did not identify with. Now that we live out of town and the in-laws downsized, we needed a comfortable place to stay with our 3 kids for Christmas. Not many hotels will deal with 3 kids under 7 in a single room but surprisingly the Barton Creek resort web site took my reservation with no problems! Sure it's a little pricey but you get a very spacious and comfortable room in return that our family of 5 enjoyed tremendously. High ceilings that give the parents room to breath and plenty of floor space to play with the new toys.

This resort has a surprising number of activities to be enjoyed by families, including a decent size indoor pool and game room. The holiday decorations were great. We left extremely relaxed and plan to return to enjoy the resort in the summer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RubberDuckyJJ

Thank you for sharing feedback about your stay at Barton Creek with us. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed the resort's holiday festivities. Look forward to seeing you again in the summer!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The location of the hotel and the views were terrific but that's where it ended. When we checked in our room was not the one I chose when I reserved the room online, so I called the front desk which I was promptly transferred to reservations, once there I was told they could not do anything and transferred me back to the front desk. From the front desk I was told they could not help and that I was rudely told that we upgraded already, however we booked a higher end room than the upgrade. So back to reservations and once again back to front desk - finally they said they would call us back.

We then went to the spa to have our couples massage that was setup by hotel staff a few days before we showed up - no such luck, they did not have that in their books. So we did not get a couples massage.

After our massage I stopped by the front desk to see what happened with the room and was told they "went ahead" and upgraded our room - THAT IS WHAT I BOOKED - how is that an upgrade. The whole time I was treated like I was being a pain for requesting what I had booked. It would be one thing if I booked a groupon deal or with some other website - but I booked directly with the hotel not anyone else.

After that mess we went to the new room and it was a little cold so we turned up the heat before we left for dinner. Got to the dining room and told them we had a reservation, again made by hotel staff a few days before, surprise no reservation. Lucky they had space available but I would not expect this at a 5 star hotel.

Finally we got back to the room and it was still cold, we called the front desk for the heat and two additional pillows - waited about an hour no such luck - so called again and told them to leave it in the room as we were stepping out to go look at the lights. Got back a few hours later, no pillows and still cold. So we just dealt with it knowing we would be checking out in the morning.

I'm sure it could have been a great place to stay, but the staff was not friendly and none of our issues were really resolved - we will not be back

Room Tip: Dont stay here - stay at the Driskill
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank OzS965

Thanks for taking the time to provide a candid review of your stay. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to invite you to contact me directly at james.walsh@bartoncreek.com to discuss further. Again, thank you for staying at Barton Creek and I hope we'll have the opportunity to make things right and win back your business.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband & I wanted a golf get-away for Christmas and this was the perfect place. Played golf on the Fazio Foothills and the course was beautiful, challenging, and fun. The bars & restaurants offered great food and beverage. Staff was friendly and so were the other guests. We had a room on the 7th floor overlooking the golf course and it was very spacious and nice. We enjoyed a massage at the spa and the staff and facilities were great. Will definitely return for another round of golf and a long weekend get-away. A little pricey but worth it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

We're so glad to hear you and your husband enjoyed your Christmas golf getaway here at Barton Creek. Thanks for providing such positive feedback ... our staff will certainly enjoy hearing this review. We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We decided to stay here to celebrate our wedding anniversary and enjoy the holiday activities. We arrived at the entrance after the sun had gone down and noticed some of the Christmas lights were not on where I expected all should be on by now. We pulled in and valet parked our car and those guys had to be one of the best valet staff I had ever encountered. They were quick and professional and took care of everything for me. This is the first place where you get an impression of a hotel or restaurant and really starts your experience of enjoyment.

So we walk in and notice a nice setup of gingerbread houses and a toy train going around them. Checking in was a breeze and our bags were headed to our room. We decide to find a place to eat dinner, so we found two bars serving the same food and a more upscale restaurant. We chose 8212 Wine Bar & Grill since the Hill Country Dining Room was not opened until 6 pm. I had the Oak Smoked Half Chicken which was excellent.

Afterwards we visited the Golf Pro Shop and made our way down to the outdoor ice rink. It was about the size of a tennis court and there was a few carnival games next to it for kids to win prizes. The tennis shop was turned into a holiday shop with a variety of items for stocking stuffers and gifts. I did not get on the ice for we returned to one of the bars,
Barton's Lounge, to have a drink and relax. The service in all the bars and restaurants are very friendly and professional.

Afterwards we explored the hotel in finding more shops and an auditorium showing a movie for the kids, except no one was in there. There was also a huge Christmas Tree outside which was very nice, but I wished the place was more decorated in lights.

The resort also has a spa, huge workout facility and indoor pool, and outside playground. They had free WiFi in the lobby area which was very fast.

Now about our room. It was very nice, clean, and big where we had a small balcony with a view of the pool area. The bed was very soft and comfortable. The issues some may complain about is you had to pay to get either WiFi or hardwire Internet access, poor TV signal picture quality, terrible shower head, and it had rained over night and heard the water coming down the gutter. The sound was a high pitched pinging noise for this can be corrected by lining the inside of the chute with a sound depressor. At home I use a Scott scratch pad to quiet the sound of falling water hitting metal. We return to our room later at night so I was not sure if they had turndown service.

The gift shop at the lobby serves coffee and breakfast tacos which both were excellent. Checkout was easy and again the professional valet staff got our car for us.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Homestyle68
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide your feedback. What a wonderful review! Next time, we hope you'll try out the ice rink... it is fun and festive for the holidays!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
#8 of 205 in Austin
The Driskill
#26 of 205 in Austin
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park
Archer Hotel Austin
#2 of 205 in Austin

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!