“Christmas at Barton Creek”

Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Ranked #47 of 199 Hotels in Austin
Spring, Texas
“Christmas at Barton Creek”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband & I wanted a golf get-away for Christmas and this was the perfect place. Played golf on the Fazio Foothills and the course was beautiful, challenging, and fun. The bars & restaurants offered great food and beverage. Staff was friendly and so were the other guests. We had a room on the 7th floor overlooking the golf course and it was very spacious and nice. We enjoyed a massage at the spa and the staff and facilities were great. Will definitely return for another round of golf and a long weekend get-away. A little pricey but worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We're so glad to hear you and your husband enjoyed your Christmas golf getaway here at Barton Creek. Thanks for providing such positive feedback ... our staff will certainly enjoy hearing this review. We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Austin TX
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We decided to stay here to celebrate our wedding anniversary and enjoy the holiday activities. We arrived at the entrance after the sun had gone down and noticed some of the Christmas lights were not on where I expected all should be on by now. We pulled in and valet parked our car and those guys had to be one of the best valet staff I had ever encountered. They were quick and professional and took care of everything for me. This is the first place where you get an impression of a hotel or restaurant and really starts your experience of enjoyment.

So we walk in and notice a nice setup of gingerbread houses and a toy train going around them. Checking in was a breeze and our bags were headed to our room. We decide to find a place to eat dinner, so we found two bars serving the same food and a more upscale restaurant. We chose 8212 Wine Bar & Grill since the Hill Country Dining Room was not opened until 6 pm. I had the Oak Smoked Half Chicken which was excellent.

Afterwards we visited the Golf Pro Shop and made our way down to the outdoor ice rink. It was about the size of a tennis court and there was a few carnival games next to it for kids to win prizes. The tennis shop was turned into a holiday shop with a variety of items for stocking stuffers and gifts. I did not get on the ice for we returned to one of the bars,
Barton's Lounge, to have a drink and relax. The service in all the bars and restaurants are very friendly and professional.

Afterwards we explored the hotel in finding more shops and an auditorium showing a movie for the kids, except no one was in there. There was also a huge Christmas Tree outside which was very nice, but I wished the place was more decorated in lights.

The resort also has a spa, huge workout facility and indoor pool, and outside playground. They had free WiFi in the lobby area which was very fast.

Now about our room. It was very nice, clean, and big where we had a small balcony with a view of the pool area. The bed was very soft and comfortable. The issues some may complain about is you had to pay to get either WiFi or hardwire Internet access, poor TV signal picture quality, terrible shower head, and it had rained over night and heard the water coming down the gutter. The sound was a high pitched pinging noise for this can be corrected by lining the inside of the chute with a sound depressor. At home I use a Scott scratch pad to quiet the sound of falling water hitting metal. We return to our room later at night so I was not sure if they had turndown service.

The gift shop at the lobby serves coffee and breakfast tacos which both were excellent. Checkout was easy and again the professional valet staff got our car for us.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Homestyle68
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide your feedback. What a wonderful review! Next time, we hope you'll try out the ice rink... it is fun and festive for the holidays!
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I can see why people have weddings or private party's here. The location is in beautiful hill country. The hotel is rather mediocre, for the price. We ate dinner down stairs at the restaurant and it was ok, for $400 it could have been better. The service was fantastic! Our waitor made the BEST Mexican Martinis. The spa was delightful. Breakfast in the morning was a fabulous treat.
Not sure if I would stay here again?

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide your review. We agree the beautiful hill country setting provides a perfect backdrop for weddings and events. We're also glad to hear you enjoyed our spa and our fabulous breakfast. We do hope you decide to return!
Oakland, CA
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I was here two nights for a business function. My experience was mixed.

The negatives:
- Aspects of the facility really show their age. For example, the elevators are noisy, and my room door required fiddling to get locked.
- Maybe it was just my bad luck, but there seemed to be a lot of very loud kids around, and the noise seemed to travel into my room.
- Some of the prices are ridiculous: $25/day for valet parking; $9 for a 1 liter bottle of water.
- Online check-out procedure did not work as described in the instructions

The positives:
- Lovely setting
- Well-equipped gym and indoor pool
- Excellent food and service in the 1818 Wine Bar and Grill
- Catered food for the meeting was very good

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for providing your feedback. We always take guest feedback into consideration and that is one of the reasons we will soon be completely refurbishing the elevators you referenced. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our fitness facility, our dining options and the setting overall. We hope to see you back again soon!
Sharon, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

An impressive first visit to this resort, our experience was excellent in many ways. Firstly, the attitude of each person serving us whether at the front desk, dining room, pro shop, spa and those who cleaned our room was very helpful and positive. The B & B package is definitely worth it, the breakfast will keep you satisfied easily until dinnertime and the two Fazio golf courses we played are memorable and a delight to play.

Room Tip: Request 3rd floor and up overlooking the golf course
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your Barton Creek experience and enjoyed our award winning golf courses. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon!
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We spent Thanksgiving weekend here and have no complaints. We had a beautiful room, food was expensive but delicious , 4 golf courses, and amazing spa. Their Thanksgiving spread was amazing. No complaints .

• Stayed November 2012
Very glad that you had a good Thanksgiving stay with us. We invite you to come back and experience our golf courses in the spring time as well!
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I knew I was going to have my wedding at Barton Creek the second we turned onto Barton Creek Road and saw the beauty of Texas Hill Country. As out-of-staters (but Texas natives) my husband and I knew we wanted to show off the beauty of Austin to all of our out of town guests, as well as pick a place that would be a comfortable place for all of our guests to stay. I'll divide my review into 2 parts, one for the wedding venue, and one for the hotel.

Wedding venue:
We chose to throw our wedding reception in the newly-remodeled pavilion, which also has a beautiful veranda with a great view. I was a little intimidated at first, because our wedding guest list was on the smaller side and I didn't know if we could make the venue feel cozy and romantic because it is such a big space. From the moment I met my future coordinator Lisa, she made my parents and I feel like everything would be taken care of - onsite coordinating, all catering and drinks, the cakes, a lot of the decor...everything would be taken care of. She gave me ideas for churches closeby, a preferred vendor list, and answered my millions of questions before we even decided to book our wedding date. Little did I know that was just tip of the iceberg on the things Lisa would help me with in the next year - room blocks, luncheons, golf tournaments, every aspect of the wedding, food tastings - Lisa made it so easy for me to plan a wedding from out of state, and she always put my mind at ease. The wedding weekend turned out to be even better than we all expected, with impeccable food, service, staff, and the venue was just beautiful and enchanting. It was a dream come true.

The hotel:
The hotel is located in one of the most beautiful parts of Austin. The staff is very helpful, and will do whatever they can to make your stay comfortable. I love that it had different amentities to suit everyones want and needs - several restaurants, a spa, many great golf courses, clothing stores, even a starbucks! My out of town guests were all very happy that they had everything they needed closeby.

The actual hotel rooms are sooooo comfortable, with gorgeous views and modern amenties. My parents were automatically upgraded to a room in the "tower" portion of the hotel, which I really appreciated. My husband and I were treated to a honeymoon suite with champagne, chocolate covered stawberries, and leftovers from our reception. The actual suite was HUGE with a panaramic view from the balcony of the entire property. Everything was just perfect.

I cannot say enough good things about our experience, and can't wait to celebrate future special occasions at Barton Creek.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are glad you had a wonderful wedding and stay at Barton Creek! Lisa is one of the best in the industry. We look forward to you staying with us in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
Lone Star Court
#7 of 199 in Austin
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!